The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me briefly introduce myself, my name is Jesse and I've been collecting and appreciating Seiko divers consistently for about 20 years. I'm very familiar to the forum, just haven't bothered to register to the new site. I have a lot of fond memories from other sites and forums over the years not sure if I should name them here.
I just received the MM300 yesterday, and wanted to ask if anyone else with it has noticed the lume on the lantern second hand is a little different from the rest of the application? It seems a little grayer on mine and doesn't quite torch up as much as the rest. My initial and overall impression of the watch is that it is outstanding. I won't ditto others. I promptly took it off the bracelet and put it on a standard Seiko urethane 20mm that came on a OM I purchased. Love it. Sorry if this ends up in the wrong place, and would appreciate the mod moving it. Thanks all -Jesse

·
Registered
235 Posts
Jesse-Welcome Aboard to the Forum. I don't have the MM Seiko but I do have at least 4 of those Second hands on my other Seiko divers cause they replaced my old second hands. I really had not noticed any less lume intensity there. I use 2 different led flash lights to charge up the lume on my divers before bed time and honestly have noticed nothing that was deficient.The second hand lume area is so small,the smallness may be why that it appears less intense for you.The Seiko Marine Master is such a fine Divers watch, I could live with it just as it is-but that's cause I think it's the Top Diver watch.And as for which watch band You choose, let that be your choice,it's your watch on your wrist-thus it's your choice for comfort ,appearance and style.One of my bothers son's got his first Rolex Submariner this past summer and I congratulated him on it
while I had my Seiko 6309 on my wrist .And I remembered 15
years ago when I gave him his own Seiko 6309 and he wore it with pride and flair.Now this young man has come up in his profession and maybe it is expected he wear a more costly watch. Had he asked me I would have said get the Seiko Marine Master first and if that was Not enough for you then go for the Submariner. O well, different choices for different folks. Wear that MM with Good Luck Always...Eli-

·
Special Member
5,201 Posts
Jesse-Welcome Aboard to the Forum. I don't have the MM Seiko but I do have at least 4 of those Second hands on my other Seiko divers cause they replaced my old second hands. I really had not noticed any less lume intensity there. I use 2 different led flash lights to charge up the lume on my divers before bed time and honestly have noticed nothing that was deficient.The second hand lume area is so small,the smallness may be why that it appears less intense for you.The Seiko Marine Master is such a fine Divers watch, I could live with it just as it is-but that's cause I think it's the Top Diver watch.And as for which watch band You choose, let that be your choice,it's your watch on your wrist-thus it's your choice for comfort ,appearance and style.One of my bothers son's got his first Rolex Submariner this past summer and I congratulated him on it
while I had my Seiko 6309 on my wrist .And I remembered 15
years ago when I gave him his own Seiko 6309 and he wore it with pride and flair.Now this young man has come up in his profession and maybe it is expected he wear a more costly watch. Had he asked me I would have said get the Seiko Marine Master first and if that was Not enough for you then go for the Submariner. O well, different choices for different folks. Wear that MM with Good Luck Always...Eli-
Appreciate your candor, what a great welcome to the op!

·
Ultimate Collector
3,276 Posts
You've got a fantastic watch, one of the best in the world.. a great choice. Wear it and enjoy it.

Here's mine:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you! I don't want to give the wrong idea. I'm not complaining at all. I love the watch. It has just been my observation so far. Here is another: I don't mind the unsigned crown one bit. It just happens to be one less thing for me to obsess over. Now if it happened to be signed and was not perfectly aligned when tight it would bother me lol as has on other more expensive watches. Thanks again members and thank you Eli for the well wishes. It means alot.

Ray, yours does look very uniform across. Jim, yours looks alot like mine does I wonder if the visual I'm picking up is also because of the smaller area of applied lume. No worries at all anyhow, just my contribution to the page today.

I will have to work on figuring out how to post pictures. ;-)

·
Ultimate Collector
3,276 Posts
Well, for the life of me I can't see anything other than it is perfect through my loupe.

You have a lovely watch with a top notch movement - just enjoy!:)

·
Special Member
5,201 Posts
I can't believe I waited too long to get one. The mm300, the 6105-811X followed by the perfectly cased 6309/6306, are my favorite seiko divers, respectively.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts