The Watch Site banner

mm300 sbdx001 on WJean's retro waffle rubber strap

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  seikomatic 
#1 ·
I got another one of WJean's retro waffle rubber straps today and put it on my Marinemaster for a more vintage look ...

I like it :)

See less See more
#4 ·
What a timely thread. I was just thinking about the exact same combo these past weeks but my main concern was how the somewhat thin wjean waffle would balance the top heaviness of the MM300..It certainly looks damn good no doubt but may I ask how does it feel so far in terms of carrying the weight?

#5 ·
Thanks. It feels and wears pretty comfy and imho it seems to carry the weight really good. No problem at all. Just keep in mind that the waffle strap is 19mm so there is a small gap but it doesn't bother me at all. The oem strap looks very good imho but I just fancy a more vintage look...

#6 ·
Mario...great work..i love those bands...they look great on anything...

#7 ·
Thanks for the insights on the weight. It's good to know. I don't think the 1mm gap will bother me too much. Maybe using shoulderless bars might help make it feel more secure. I always thought if William made this particular strap in 20 and 22mm they would be definite winners. I've tried most of the other "waffle style" straps offered in 20 and 22 but the wjean ones are still the best reproduction out there imho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.