The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is The MM300 Really worth 2K + New ? I have never held one Yet ;) Thanks In Advance...

·
Administrator
30,125 Posts
Thats a difficult question David :)

In reality i imagine time keeping and waterproof wise it would not perform any better than a $100 Casio and with the Casio no worry if it was lost or damaged as most of us could live with that loss.

But being sensible and thoughtful is not something most WIS bother with :)

Really (IMO) you are asking is it worth spending $2K ish on a piece of male jewellery ?

Again JMO but I suppose a great deal depends on the disposable income one has ?

That preamble out the way :) I have only tried one once (Neils) on rubber and for me it wore too high and I think I would have liked it more on the bracelet.

Impressions ? really really nice watch and I LOVE the dial and hands and in my little world I think of it as the modern 6105.

Would I pay $2K for it ? no, as being a pensioner i dont have that sort of spare money :) but if money was no problem I would have bought one a long time ago just for the dial and hands :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Plain and simple...YES!

To be honest...in relation to its swiss counterparts it's worth a lot more. From that point of view we can be lucky that it's that cheap :D

Sent from my wooden drums using Tupperware

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
The MM was the last grail to join the collection and I stopped buying watches now. I got it used from an online Japanese site for $1700. They removed one link for free and the fit was perfect. Yes, as John mentioned, it was top heavy at first but that was because it was the novelty of a new watch. My other rotation special watches are the Omega space X-33s, the Moon watch version and the 1997 Bond quartz.

The MM always gets wrist time, for some reason....but so does now my 1978 6306 which I really respect. My Hybrid 6309/7548 is another keeper. You will never know if the MM will fulfill your expectations unless you commit and get it...:))) go for it!

montage MM whale diver by blingmeister, on Flickr

·
Registered
526 Posts
It's an amazing watch,maybe not at the SKX level of Value for Money,but definitely a good buy specially pre-loved.:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
A beautiful horological timepiece and I hope to own one someday.On the other hand ,I have its predecessor,the 300m 6159-7001 and its worth every penny of the whole dollar that I paid for it and I do wear it very often.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah, it's worth it, it's definitely a nice piece. I'd say most folks who think it's not worth it, are the ones who either cannot afford it, or have spouses who won't let them make the purchase.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Most of my watches cost less than the MM300, but I've owned three that cost more. I definitely thought the MM300 price was appropriate for its quality in the range of what I've owned.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have the similar problem. I want to see the watch in real life. It seems so big in photos I am curious to see how it sits on the wrist. It is a very pretty watch. I would say the price tag is a little high but comparing it to any luxury brand it seems very reasonable.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here you go :)

MM300 on a not so average sized 8,05" wrist...

Hope that helps :)

btw...I had 8 Sumos till now and I can't say that they had been more comfortable on the wrist than the MM300 :)

Sent from my wooden drums using Tupperware

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would own one in a heart beat. if you enjoy a fine timepiece, don't think twice. our board members are blesses with tunnel vision that's focused awesome movements and nice eye appeal.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Hey Dave! I think the question really comes down to if you thinking that any sports watch is worth 2k. If you do, then I can safely assure you that yes, it's worth it.

I have a number of Rolex and have been asked why I wear the MM instead of the Submariner. The answer is that the MM is, IMHO, a better timepiece from every persecutive. The design, finishing, accuracy, durability....I really don't see a similar dive watch that is better at any price.

So, if you think any dive watch could be worth 2k...then yes, the MM is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Hey Dave! I think the question really comes down to if you think that any sports watch is worth 2k. If you do, then I can safely assure you that yes, it's worth it.

I have a number of Rolex and have been asked why I wear the MM instead of the Submariner. The answer is that the MM is, IMHO, a better timepiece from every persecutive. The design, finishing, accuracy, durability....I really don't see a similar dive watch that is better at any price.

So, if you think any dive watch could be worth 2k...then yes, the MM is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
7.25 inch wrist here…

·
Registered
812 Posts
check around for prices

I got mine for about fifteen hundred last winter in Bangkok sales were slow do to the demonstrations so there was some deep discounting. I don't find it as comfortable to wear as my sumo but its way more accurate. It is in fact my most accurate fully automatic time piece. My spring drive is more accurate but thats to be expected, My old gs high beats on a good day are as accurate. and a very nice Orient is my second most accurate day in day out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts