The Watch Site banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
So, what are the collective thoughts here, regarding Jack's as to whether the monocoque case is arguably irrelevant? Would an He valve then be needed?

I'm curious about which watches with cases, are He safe and do not have He valves.

Thanks all.
A Helium relief valve is virtually never needed by anyone. It is a waste of money and another possible water ingress point. I was a Saturation diver back in the 1970's and 80's and did not even wear a watch, and especially not an expensive watch. I think the MM300 is a fine watch but could probably use some updates; sapphire crystal, larger signed double or triple lock crown and removable crown tube, better bracelet. I like the mono case.

· Special Member
4,352 Posts
If be surprised to see any type of substantial update. In my mind, the MM300 occupies a very specific spot in the Seiko lineup. If you want to go deeper, cheaper, more exclusive, screw in case back, similarly priced but different design....whatever, there are other models Seiko offers. As for the MM300, it's appeal IMHO, is mostly a brand lineage thing and, as such, it is what it is.

I agree with jacks earlier points on how it could be improved, but then it would be a different watch entirely. Make a new diver? Sure. Fundamentally change this one? Don't see it happening.

I love mine as it is, for what it is, with all it's strengths and faults. Going to switch over to it now in fact :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 on that....:)

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
OP here.

The SBDX012 just threw me a curveball. Assuming that it is any indication of things to come, then perhaps diashield on the SBDX001?

Is the SBDX012 the last hurrah here, suggesting that something else more substantial of in the works? Or, will Seiko just keep it the same, and intermittently put out non-substantive issues?

· Registered
134 Posts
I think it's time for a new Professional automatic diver to take the place of the MM300. It's a great, classic dive watch...but it would be nice for Seiko to come out with a successor to the MM300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.