The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this watch? Many models, but I just bought this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GNR596/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am sure Miyota 9015 is great. There are many watches created based on this movement. I saw some from Deep Blue, and some Helberg (CH6 specifically). Even Citizen has its own 9015 based watch. Prices vary, and upwards it goes to ~$1k range. But I don't know about this brand Android. This guy is cheap.

So how good it is?

I figure I could not lose too much at $128 a pop, with a diver style claiming 500M WR. But really, does anyone have similar watch? Care to share some experience?

Vincent

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I'm sure the 9015 is a great movement, and the watch does look really nice- but I do wonder why a 500M WR watch has a display caseback built in??

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've owned two Androids and liked them both (neither was powered by a 9015) although moved on to other watches. Not quite the fit and finish of many of the 9015 powered micro brands I like (Halios, Helson, etc.) but they were nice enough for the price.

The 9015 is great, I have several watches with that movement (Halios Tropik, Kemmner Tonneau, Magrette Moana Pacific) and they all keep great time. I'm hoping to add a Smiths PRS-68 to that list soon too.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've owned two Androids and liked them both (neither was powered by a 9015) although moved on to other watches. Not quite the fit and finish of many of the 9015 powered micro brands I like (Halios, Helson, etc.) but they were nice enough for the price.

The 9015 is great, I have several watches with that movement (Halios Tropik, Kemmner Tonneau, Magrette Moana Pacific) and they all keep great time. I'm hoping to add a Smiths PRS-68 to that list soon too.
Thanks for the info. The only thing I don't like about this Android watch is the lugs - I can not replace the bracelet with any straps (leather, rubber, or nylon) I like. Well, not easy to do it properly that is. But for the price (with 9015 movement), I will be happy to wear it on its built-in bracelet.

As a matter of fact, I am thinking about swapping out the dial with something different - maybe a 6309 like dial or a blue Soxa dial (that would make it a Cioxa, right?) to make it shine. Who knows, maybe all those wonderful Seiko AM dials would not fit this 9015, size-wise, especially the distance of date wheel from center vs. the distance of date window on the dial to center.

Cheap price comes with cheap watch crystal as well. It is said that it comes with hardened mineral, not sapphire crystal that comes with all those micro-brand watches with 9015. Again, with the price, I would be happy to wear it.

We will see, after I receive the watch.

Cheers,

Vincent

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys,

I have possession of this 9015 Android that just arrived.

I now know why Amazon is selling this watch for a discount.

It is HUGE! As a matter of fact, it is definitely TOO BIG. Amazon site says it is 50mm, and obviously I overlooked that, thinking this measurement might be, you know, lug-to-lug, or including the crown. But it is not. This 50mm means the case without crown is 50mm.

Can't give you guys an idea how big it is as I don't have my iPhone with me now. Will do it later with a wrist shop and maybe comparison shot with maybe a 6309 diver.

Got to figure out what to do with it.

Vincent

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dear all,

Oh boy!

This guy is really HUGE.

I took some photos just now - wrist shot and comparison shots with 6309 diver. You can see that they are definitely not at the same scale. When I opened the box, I thought they have packaged in a clock!!

Here we go - the pictures:

Other than the size, really there is not much to complain about - good looks, good movement (24 jewels 9015 running at 28800 BPM that hacks and windable), 500M WR rating, solid bracelet. Well, maybe except the integrated design of the bracelet lugs/endlinks - I do prefer regular lugs so that strap change is possible. But with the size of this beast, what other strap option I could have? The spec. says its 29mm bracelet at the lug ends, and tapered down to 24mm at the clasp. 120 clicks uni-directional black bezel that clicks firmly and beautifully and is really easy to grip and turn. Amazon website shows picture of lume on bezel markers, but real life is that they are close to non-exist. Crown is 10mm (1CM) and screws in with 6 finger turns. Watch is 16-17mm tall.

Overall, I think not bad a deal from Amazon.com for $128+shipping.

So, there you go.

Vincent

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh boy!

This guy is really HUGE.

I took some photos just now - wrist shot and comparison shots with 6309 diver. You can see that they are definitely not at the same scale. When I opened the box, I thought they have packaged in a clock!!
Yes they are just unreal large my hand is small and they don't look good on me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts