The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this on another Forum and only a couple of folks replied so I thought I'd ask here as well......
How many of you as a daily wearer wear Mid-size watches?? Watches in the 34mm-38mm range?
I only own two mid-size watches and both I happen to like VERY much but whenever I strap them on they just seem to look ridicoulous!! (sp) They look "boyish" or what a woman might wear! I dont have a large wrist (6 3/4") but all of my watches are at least 40mm and most are a bit larger so when strapping this one on it just looks out of place!
What do ya think??

The fact too that this Vintage Zodiac only has an 18mm strap and is only 9 1/2 mm in thickness makes it appear even smaller!!

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
I wear the citizen NY2300 which is a mid sized diver (not daily though).
But generally, I wear mid/small sized watches only when they are dress watches.
Mid sized watches (or even small according to others) are fine as long as you feel comfortable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,
I have owned two mid-seiko watches in the past. I'm a grown man and both Seikos looked and fit perfectly on my wrist. Until a few years ago most mens watches were in the 36-38mm range. My two current favorites are a Rolex Explorer and a mid-size Omega SMP.

N.K

·
Registered
294 Posts
I found this reference to watch sizes on a website:-

Midsize: 34mm-36mm.
Men’s: 37mm-39mm.
Men’s sport: 40mm-42mm.
Mens XL: 45mm.

I think when you have been wearing a larger watch for a while and move to a smaller one, it can feel strange but after a week or so it feels and looks completely normal. I think what does look out of place is a very large watch on a small wrist.

According to my callipers, the diameter of my 7.5 inch wrist is about 52mm. Those with smaller wrist sizes of 6.5 inches or so must find their larger watch choices hanging over the sides of the wrist or at least not gripping the wrist properly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This must be how anorexia nervosa works, 'cause that watch looks fine on your wrist. Just about perfect in fact. I've seen too many wrist shots of guys with watches that looked more like dinner plates.

I wear a SBCM023 or SKX031 daily and neither are consider to be full size here, although they actually are. My wrist is 7" and they're fine by me.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think the size of that watch fits perfect on you. I have an 8 1/4" wrist and I'd gladly wear that Zodiac.

Ted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts