The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No sooner than I got my 6119-8120, Tungchoy's shark mesh came in the mail. 19mm mesh? PERFECT FIT. So long, crummy strap!

Here's a wrist shot while waiting at the Chick-Fil-A drive thru. Wrist is 6.5 - 6.75":

It's only in bright sunlight can you see the deep, iridescent blue amidst the inky black of the dial. Such a subtle yet cool hue - now I totally get the beauty of it, Gabe!

As for the mesh, so incredibly comfortable. It's definitely not like my former Omega mesh, but the price point is fabulous. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a bracelet/strap replacement with a 19mm lug width!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TigerUK! Inspiration came from Omega's 166.0250, the "baby" Ploprof. From what I understand, my Seiko and the Omega heads have very similar proportions, except that the Omega has a 20mm lug width.

I tried squeezing my Orange Monster's fat spring bars through, and while it's a little tight, they'll take. The regular Seiko OEM springbars slip in real nicely. What you're seeing in my photos are the regular OEM springbars that came with the head.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I'm also a fan of the mesh. Well done and thanks for posting the pic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts