The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
I was banned in watchuseek . Been a member there since 2013. Let me share this, hope could give some hint.

I asked the Mod what happened? They informed me that my account was hacked. How was it hacked I asked.
They claimed my account was phished . Never heard of this word. I am still living in the dinosaur world.

Meaning someone use an artificial look a like watchuseek site and myself without realising it enter and keyed in the password . They got hold of my password and started doing funny stuff with my account.

And I was told the hacker used my so called older membership (better recognition I believe) to sell an Omega Seamaster and tricked the buyer into parting his USD2,500 . In my mind how can such an ignorant buyer just paid USD2,500 without going though the proper channel like Paypal (which has a buyers protection) There are still many ignorant people out there and same like me who doesn't know about Phishing virus.

On the positive note I dont visit watchuseek much nowadays. Visit SCWF more :) Retiring soon from Seiko collection.

So just a bad experience to share with you guys for ignorant people like me who doesnt know what the heck is Phishing.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
I was banned in watchuseek . Been a member there since 2013. Let me share this, hope could give some hint.

I asked the Mod what happened? They informed me that my account was hacked. How was it hacked I asked.
They claimed my account was phished . Never heard of this word. I am still living in the dinosaur world.

Meaning someone use an artificial look a like watchuseek site and myself without realising it enter and keyed in the password . They got hold of my password and started doing funny stuff with my account.

And I was told the hacker used my so called older membership (better recognition I believe) to sell an Omega Seamaster and tricked the buyer into parting his USD2,500 . In my mind how can such an ignorant buyer just paid USD2,500 without going though the proper channel like Paypal (which has a buyers protection) There are still many ignorant people out there and same like me who doesn't know about Phishing virus.

On the positive note I dont visit watchuseek much nowadays. Visit SCWF more :) Retiring soon from Seiko collection.

So just a bad experience to share with you guys for ignorant people like me who doesnt know what the heck is Phishing.

Here you Go Sir😜👍

https://www.akamai.com/uk/en/resources/what-is-phishing.jsp

Could also be this Spelled Wrong Of course😂

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts