The Watch Site banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dial shown below originated in the Western Australian Goldmining town of Kalgoorlie, it was commissioned by George Reginald Addis one of Kalgoorlie's first Watchmakers from the mid 1800's to the early 1900's.
I have the partly complete watch but unfortunately the balance is missing and years of searching has turned up nothing and in that time I have never seen the same watch or know of anyone that has.
What I would love to do seeing there is no chance of restoring the original watch to working order is to find a watch that the dial would fit.
Dia. of dial 29mm. From point of main hands shaft to point of register hand shaft 7mm, hope that make sense.
I am open to any advice , suggestions etc.
If I can accomplish this and give that special rare dial some exposure it would be great.
Possibly not smart enough to do this myself.
Thanks and regards

George

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The dial shown below originated in the Western Australian Goldmining town of Kalgoorlie, it was commissioned by George Reginald Addis one of Kalgoorlie's first Watchmakers from the mid 1800's to the early 1900's.
I have the partly complete watch but unfortunately the balance is missing and years of searching has turned up nothing and in that time I have never seen the same watch or know of anyone that has.
What I would love to do seeing there is no chance of restoring the original watch to working order is to find a watch that the dial would fit.
Dia. of dial 29mm. From point of main hands shaft to point of register hand shaft 7mm, hope that make sense.
I am open to any advice , suggestions etc.
If I can accomplish this and give that special rare dial some exposure it would be great.
Possibly not smart enough to do this myself.
Thanks and regards

George
The movement

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts