The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As strange as it might seem there is a definite tie to Seiko watches with this image...

Here's the look at the carving submission for 2010 I will be putting in for the Habitat for Humanity Birdfest Auction coming up April 30...I call it "PIGEON FORGED TENNESSEE" as a play on words to the Southeastern entertainment location of Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

That place was where I was stuck in traffic last week on my way home from a stay in Mississippi and the inspiration for this carving came out of the traffic jam...

.....I have been contributing these sort of carvings for the past 16 years and 3 years ago my carving got the First Place prize of $2000 which enabled me to pick up the long wanted Marine Master...I probably wear it 4-5 days a week and if the Judges smile on me this year and I get another nice award for my work I have my eye on a sweet 6306 that will NOT get too much wrist time but will hopefully grow in value more than the prize money...!
I have been fortunate enough to have my work sold at auction and raise close to $25,000 for Habitat since I started doing the auctions, and I volunteer each week to build homes for Habitat as well as rebuild the furniture for the Habitat Restore store here in Winston-Salem, North Carolina....
Just a visual break from all the shiny polished timepieces normally posted here...
Cheers
RIch

·
Registered
232 Posts
Love it! I'm a Habitat crew leader and just finished my 7th house. What a creative carving and gift you have and what a wonderful way to donate that gift 8)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Good on ya, mate! I've been working for HFH for the last three weeks as a way to pass time while I'm laid off. If you ever lose faith in your fellow man, spend a day working for HFH - they're good people. 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts