The Watch Site banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello folks,

Well, I picked up the package from Maxbliss888 today. Oh, and not really from Maxbliss888 in Singapore, but from someone in Hong Kong. :-(

So I guess they were not coming from his collection, but I don't know why he would besmirch his reputation on such a silly pretense. I am hoping he was just buying watches from Yahoo Japan and then having a "broker" in Hong Kong "drop ship" them.

Anyhow here is the immense FedEx envelope I got. I'll probably get a Custom's Import bill soon!

Click for Big Image

And inside that, a bubble wrapped long rectangular box.

Click for Big Image

A re-purposed, grimy "white" cardboard box at that!

Click for Big Image

A bundle of foam wrap is inside the box.

Click for Big Image

But then a nice, tidy, foam wrapped bundle. That bodes well I guess, who would take such care if there was nothing inside.

Click for Big Image

Okay, at least it looks like a watch, probably even a Seiko.

Click for Big Image

Yup that looks like a Seiko, I think I can even see the "Sword"!

Click for Big Image

Okay, that doesn't look bad! Let's take some closer looks...

Click for Big Image

The dial looks right, at least to my amateur eyes. What do you experts think? (Sorry about the hair and dust!)

Click for Big Image

Here is the left side.

Click for Big Image

And the crown side.

Click for Big Image

And you vintage watch lovers favorite view it seems, the case back! :-D Hey it even has the same serial number as the "for sale" posting! ;-)

Click for Big Image

And it hacks, although the crown feels a bit gritty. Considering the controversy of the sale, do you think I should have it opened up to check the movement? I am fearful of doing that myself, and I don't have any replacement gaskets. :-/

Whew! It looks like I got what I paid for. I think Maxbliss888 should just come clean, and apologize, and I for one would give him a second chance. I have bought many watches from sellers that "know the ropes" at Yahoo Japan, who bought watches there cheaply, then sold them to me for reasonable prices. No big deal, it's just business. But don't tell stories, get the watch in hand and take your own pictures.

Thanks for looking folks!

- Thomas

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
well you got a great looking watch..looks very original to me too

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
hands may be different but hard to tell...

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
i would say better than described too

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Looks like a very nice watch but as you mentioned about the "drop shipping" I would be weary of any making purchases from him / her in case that the watches are being held and drop shipped and there is a problem who do you go after? Him / her or are you then told to go after the Yahoo Japan original seller even though you have no transaction with them. Looks like the correct large spline knurling on the crown and large crown cutout on the case HOWEVER I have never seen a 7001 that early as all of the others were 7000's. My 6306-7000 has the same features but is from August 1976.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
OK I have to Hand it to you ....

Thomas I have to hand it to you especially when you post something.
Also The TigerUK John for the same.
In order to view things here it is important to see what is posted, and the way the pictures are set up to actually (extra enlarge) them , that makes things a lot easier to see. That's what I have notice in all yours and John's postings. That extra enlargement really give a thorough look of just what is there. My compliments to you and John also
for those arrangements.

John ... " The TigerUK " does that also and that's a lot of help.
You can see the minute things and fine details right in front of you also.

I use a ....... 36 -38 inch T.V. as a monitor and it really shows good.
It looks awesome to see it on a good monitor.
Also It gives us a great opportunity to really see what is posted and all its characteristic points to be shown. I can see the case redone, and like John's the fine paths of the cutting tool he uses, and that's really nice.
It gives the pictures great character to see all of that.

I would say you got a fine watch right there, I would take it.:72:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Looks all original to me. If it's a keeper I would recommend getting it fully overhauled by a reputable watchmaker, including having the seals and gaskets replaced and water pressure tested. The dial and hands are very sensitive to humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all, for all you very kind words. It has helped, as this was a very stressful transaction! :sleep:

Now I have to pick an appropriate watchmaker, as this example deserves some time at the "spa". :)

- Thomas

1 - 19 of 19 Posts