The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, our wedding anniversary will only be on the 23rd, but since I was sitting on these watches since May, and Monday we'll be traveling abroad, I decided to speed things up a bit:

Later on I'll make a more detailed post on my Retrograde, here let me focus on my wife's watch. It's quartz, with a 50 m depth rating (I think) and a JDM model. When I started looking for a pair of watches for us my habitual Orient dealer showed me pictures of it and I fell in love with the guilloché-like work on the dial. And in the flesh it looks gorgeous!

The best part is that my wife adored it, I was kind of worried because this is her biggest watch. But she thought it looks "casual chic", so I chose right. I was astonished at the size of the bracelet, it could easily fit my wrist before I removed quite a few links. I was wondering that maybe this is in reality an unisex model, but I really can't be certain. On me it looks ridiculously small, but being the first "woman's" JDM I ever handled who knows.

The important part is that she loved both of them, and we'll be traveling with them on our wrists to our honey moon ;) .
(with G-Shocks as back-ups)

·
Administrator
28,557 Posts
You "kids" I hope you have a great anniversary, were are you going for the Honey moon ?

My 42 cd coming up early November and in all honesty i just don't know were the years have gone, I still think of her as the beautiful young girl i saw at the local fair 47 years ago and she tends to think of me as the fat bellied balding grumpy old man i am ;) ;)

Nice watch choices for you both.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
No way you are grumpy!

:)

TheTigerUK said:
You "kids" I hope you have a great anniversary, were are you going for the Honey moon ?

My 42 cd coming up early November and in all honesty i just don't know were the years have gone, I still think of her as the beautiful young girl i saw at the local fair 47 years ago and she tends to think of me as the fat bellied balding grumpy old man i am ;) ;)

Nice watch choices for you both.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you! Obrigado!

The best part is that I think she really liked the watch, since she's still wearing it non-stop since last morning :great: .
I was a bit apprehensive, since my wife is not a WIS, so there was a chance that she wouldn't appreciate it like I hoped she did.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I just hope that your wife doesn't come to the dark side of horology.. :))

Congratulations you both.. I'm not married, don't have a girlfriend nor anything.. just hope I can find "The One" one day... (heck, im 21 y/old yet.. let me enjoy a little ;D )

Have a nice vacation..!

Abraços Luciano!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
The Best life has to offer to you both, You both have excellent taste in watches and mates. The dial is very nice on the Orient "Agelessly beautiful.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts