The Watch Site banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
8) . The combo looks great!!
I like how the thick strap covers the gap to the case. The thickness is substantial as well.
Too bad you had to notch a 24mm strap to 20mm (a pricey one at that!). Could you have notch it down to 22mm and then squeeze the strap into the lugs? i ask this because I have way more 22mm lugs watches than 20mm lugs watches. Thanks

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
badern said:
8) . The combo looks great!!
I like how the thick strap covers the gap to the case. The thickness is substantial as well.
Too bad you had to notch a 24mm strap to 20mm (a pricey one at that!). Could you have notch it down to 22mm and then squeeze the strap into the lugs? i ask this because I have way more 22mm lugs watches than 20mm lugs watches. Thanks

Thanks Badern ;) I'm pretty stoked with this combo too. I wonder if Isofrane will do a 5 strap discount for the rest of the herd ;D

I tried it @ 22mm but It just didn't fit right and I was worried about the spring bars "not" being fully seated in the lugs.

B/R
Shannon

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
seikomatic said:
Hay...you still need a 007, a sumo, a 6105 small case and GS 200M to complete the collection

I've had a few SKX's.....IMO to small, Sumo is nice for the $$ but the strap gap is the deal breaker for me.
I'm done with vintage unless it's Minty/NOS.......that leaves the SBGA029 SS GS Diver.

The GS 200m is an incredible watch and someday I will own one.

Although I would have to see it on an Isofrane first :)) :)) :))

BR
Shannon

·
Registered
443 Posts
we call sumo the "small MM" here for it's case resemblance of MM...strap gap ?? Not sure what do you mean?

If you have time to do some reviews/comparison of your divers, then I think others will be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Shannon the MM300 looks killer on there! Great notch job mate! I've been wearing my Sumo, MM300 and 6105 all on MM300 straps lately and I must say... All 3 watches need Isophrane straps. I plan to try to get a 3 pack when the 20 and 22's are ready.

I started a custom bike build this past weekend and have decided to trim my collection in order to free up funds for the Chopper/Bobber i'm building.

The 4 watches I decided to keep are:

1. SBBN017 Tuna- The strap is like butter and the Quartz movement is good for riding.
2. MM 300- Needs Isophrane strap
3. Blue Sumo-Needs Isophrane strap
4. 6105-8110 February 1974-Needs Isophrane strap
Decided to start a project bike and curb my watch habit till she's done. Shoot me a PM if you get any updates on the strap release dates! :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm just not sure about the buckle... It's a bit large in my eyes. However, that's just a small detail and I think the Isofrane looks MUCH better then the stock one.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LUW said:
I'm just not sure about the buckle... It's a bit large in my eyes. However, that's just a small detail and I think the Isofrane looks MUCH better then the stock one.

Really? IMO the buckle is awesome 8) Its been brushed to perfection.... very high quality IMO.

Have a closer look ;) This is their RS buckle.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Check out their IN buckle on their web site:

[url=http://www.isofrane.com/buckle_detail.htm#]http://www.isofrane.com/buckle_detail.htm#[/url]

Cheers
Shannon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.