The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the chance to spend a few days up North in Ste Lucie des Laurentides after a week in Cuba. Yeah I know... tough life... tomorrow back to work
I brought a few but ended up keeping the MM for the whole 4 days. She's still on.

with my close to 20 years old Tilley

[img]

[img]

and Monsieur le Pookie

[img]

[img]

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TheTigerUK said:
Looks great Jeje, but you shouldent keep teasing us mere mortals who do not own one !! :'( :)

I like your leatherman, what model is that ?
Well Tiger you could always get a Poodle? The are cheaper than the MM. At least the first year. If I had the choice I would pick Pookie way before the MM :-*

As for the Leatherman, Its a skeleton CX. Part of it is carbon fiber so its much lighter. The skeleton SS is quite nice too!

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Thanks Jeje my wife had a poodle for many years before we were married but these days two dogs, a cat and a tortoise is enough and in all honesty we wouldn't swap any of them for a MM, well perhaps Marley the Tortoise when she wasn't looking ha ha

ps: I now want one of those leathermen !!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TheTigerUK said:
Thanks Jeje my wife had a poodle for many years before we were married but these days two dogs, a cat and a tortoise is enough and in all honesty we wouldn't swap any of them for a MM, well perhaps Marley the Tortoise when she wasn't looking ha ha

ps: I now want one of those leathermen !!

[/quote]

What a cutie!

And now Mama Marley is angry

[img]

·
Registered
659 Posts
TheTigerUK said:
Let's see a pic of Marley the Tortoise!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Caspita!
You guys really don't like me! That MM300 that I saw on our local eBay is still there, and pics and pics of the watch do NOT help me resist the urge!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
LUW said:
Caspita!
You guys really don't like me! That MM300 that I saw on our local eBay is still there, and pics and pics of the watch do NOT help me resist the urge!
[/quote]

Do it, do it, do it! lol.
Is your OS300m feeling lonely already, hehe. ;)
I know if I could I would. Its moving up the grail list steadily with all these gorgeous pics.
Some day, sighhhhh. ::)

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
sharkfinDave said:
Do it, do it, do it! lol.
Is your OS300m feeling lonely already, hehe. ;)
I know if I could I would. Its moving up the grail list steadily with all these gorgeous pics.
Some day, sighhhhh. ::)
I am tempted, VERY tempted, but I just got the O300, so I would feel guilty on dumping a big chunk of cash on a new watch right now... ???

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
LUW said:
I am tempted, VERY tempted, but I just got the O300, so I would feel guilty on dumping a big chunk of cash on a new watch right now... ???

Yes, I know the feeling. I love Jeje's MM. I tried it on, now I want one.

Its near the top of list, but me too, just got some grails coming, all spent. :(
But its definitely all its worth and more. So SWEET. Don't try one on if your not ready. You will want one once on the wrist. Trust me. ???

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Jeje3325 said:
I had the chance to spend a few days up North in Ste Lucie des Laurentides after a week in Cuba. Yeah I know... tough life... tomorrow back to work
I brought a few but ended up keeping the MM for the whole 4 days. She's still on.

Those pics make me nervous!!!! So close to the edge! Hope it was shallow at that spot!

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
8) Pics JeJe,im still waiting for my MM to arrive and im sure its at customs now going by the tracking.So at least i know its in the UK.
Thanks for the great pictures Buddy.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
LUW said:
Luw, just buy it and stop winning already! ;D LOL! Kidding ya, bro!

Kiddings aside, now, by all means, go for it. Take it out of your way, so to speak. So you can then move on and finally focus the money on the things you really need to do with the new baby. Trust me: been there, done that!

Otherwise, you'll start having bad nightmares with the MM 300m hauting your arse! The OS 300m will be complemented perfectly by the MM....I know that, since my own 2 love each other! :D

Seriously, bro......go get that bad boy! Igor from FRM has one up for sale right now O:) .....Talk to him and maybe, if he can sell the watch outside the ML platform, you can snag a nice discount from him, or even pay in installments. Never hurts to ask, that's my motto.....

Another option is place an order through zE (one of the mods @ FRM), who's also a member here. Send him a PM and see what are the payment options.

Best of luck, pal!
Regards,
CHRIS

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Chris, I know, I'm all fired up exactly because of Igor's watch
The price is right for that watch and it's from a respectable source, so in theory it would be a great buy. But I just got the O300 and have a OS Retrograde that should be here by next week, so I'm with a heavy conscience so to speak ::) .

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
LUW said:
Chris, I know, I'm all fired up exactly because of Igor's watch .
The price is right for that watch and it's from a respectable source, so in theory it would be a great buy. But I just got the O300 and have a OS Retrograde that should be here by next week, [glow=red,2,300]so I'm with a heavy conscience so to speak[/glow] ::) .
[/quote]

Get over it, already. Seriously. There's no such thing as "heavy conscience" in watch collecting, otherwise you would not be a WIS and not partake in this hobby. Let's all be honest and serious, now.....nobody [i]needs[/i] more than a single watch. Whoever ends up buying several watches are not making concious decisions in investing their money, so if another purchase will make you happy indeed, why torturing yourself with doubts that will only deter you from your goal temporarily, since you [i]know [/i]it's just a matter of time separating you from the watch, anyway. Bottom line I'm trying to point out here is you will end up buying the watch eventually. The time is right as we speak, since you've located the exemplar that will satisfy your needs perfectly: the watch is located in our country, the price is right for you, you have a reputable seller and maybe even a discount can be arranged.....so right now you have a great opportunity that you can miss and completely waste it because of conjectures that will take you nowhere, since deep down you already made your decision on pulling the trigger (it's only a matter of 'when', and not 'if'....). If you miss this opportunity, maybe there won't be a better one in the future, when you finally decide the time has come.

Not trying to be a meddler, busybody or anything like that.....

It's just that I've already faced myself in the same kind of dilemma that made me lose concentration in other important things in life (seriously). So I resolved the situation by buying whatever watch was on my mind at the time and then finally get back to what should really matters to me.

Now, if money is tight and is not disposable, meaning a decision has to be made between investing in the new baby arrangements [i]or [/i]the MM 300m, that's an entirely different situation, and then you're absolutely right in pondering the purchase and even postponing it. But if you can accomodate [b][i]both, [/i][/b]why not? Treat yourself with a big MM 300m's pat on the back as a big congratulations for being daddy for a second time, man. This life is darn too short to torture yourself with something so frugal - provided money is not tight, once again.

Sorry for the slight ramble..... :(
Running into some domestic troubles with the wife, as I type this. Maybe it's not a good day for me, that's all.

Best of luck in making a decision, Luw.
If you need anything that I can be of help, let me know. You have my email....

Regards,
CHRIS

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
As someone that has spent this year a fair share of $$$ in new watches, I think LUW is doing the right thing. The reality of life is that we can not have it all and we simply can not buy every watch that comes our way, no matter how good the price the might. While I understand the premise of the watch hobby, it is also very easy to get the obsession out of control. I think Luciano has 2 fantastic watches (The OS300 and upcoming DR), so hey, savor them, enjoy them. If the MM300 is meant to be, the time, money and opportunity will come his way in due time.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Hey guys, while I agree, if you got the budget, go for it. And just do it to not have any regrets. Trust me, I've my share of doh! moments of not taking action until its too late.
But in doing so, its like Minidriver state, you can become engulfed with the addiction and obsession. Just look at me, i'm one fine example of this.
Here's my collection from Jan-April of this year. 4 months, averaged approx. 2 watches per week incoming. This wasn't even done yet until now.

I'm re evaluating the my collection, so gotta flip some. My focus and direction is changing, to smaller, and more grail type pieces. But MM is on this list, but who knows.

Luciano, has been focused and well disciplined with his fine collection. He's doing fine. I like his attitude towards G-shocks, where he won' t even go there to open that can of worms like I did. LOL.

Forums can be very enabling, I know. You gotta be patient and disciplined to not get out of control. Thats the hard part of it all in this hobby.
As long as you know your limits, you'll do ok. But if your budget allows you to, go for it, so you don't regret it. You can always flip it if you needed to.

Cheers, Dave.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts