The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Aloha ,

Honolulu, Hawaii they are still going out but the ... International Airport Terminal is very Vacant.
But the .... Hickam Air Force Base is still very active as always.
The Air Force ..... C130's and Tankers and Jets are always flying out here.
Here Locally we are having a ...... Lot of Lock Downs all over.

Looks like The Flights still are coming in from ... Asia and Different
Areas yet. ANA Air .... just landed so that is from around Japan.
Southwest Airlines here still going out also.

The ....UPS Mail Planes .... are still coming in every morning and leaving in the afternoon too.
It looks like .... The Pearl Harbor Visiting Areas are closed also for Tourist.
The usual ... Tourist Passenger Liners ... are not coming in because our ..... Governor Issued a
..... None Stop Over - Port Docking Message Here.

One of our Islands here ..... The Island of Kauai is on with some ... Curfew hours also.

How are you doing over there ... holonalu ....???

But ...... The Ocean ...is still very much wide open for .... All Activities yet... :yahoo:

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Do we have anyone here from Cuba? Wondering what the flights are like as my in-laws are supposed to be flying back to UK tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
We are shipping our daughters dog from Brisbane to Auckland on Wednesday:91: im going to miss her.
Hopefully the flights not been cancelled,.
I have noticed how quite it is in our area as very few planes are flying.:93:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Aloha ,

Honolulu, Hawaii they are still going out but the ... International Airport Terminal is very Vacant.
But the .... Hickam Air Force Base is still very active as always.
The Air Force ..... C130's and Tankers and Jets are always flying out here.
Here Locally we are having a ...... Lot of Lock Downs all over.

Looks like The Flights still are coming in from ... Asia and Different
Areas yet. ANA Air .... just landed so that is from around Japan.
Southwest Airlines here still going out also.

The ....UPS Mail Planes .... are still coming in every morning and leaving in the afternoon too.
It looks like .... The Pearl Harbor Visiting Areas are closed also for Tourist.
The usual ... Tourist Passenger Liners ... are not coming in because our ..... Governor Issued a
..... None Stop Over - Port Docking Message Here.

One of our Islands here ..... The Island of Kauai is on with some ... Curfew hours also.

How are you doing over there ... holonalu ....???

But ...... The Ocean ...is still very much wide open for .... All Activities yet... :yahoo:
Water is about as malie, calm, as it gets, but still a little murky from all the rain. I take it you live out Ewa side. Not hard to spot the incoming flights when they're nearby. Used to watch my flight back to Maui come in from my condo up on Nuuanu, knew I had about five minutes to head out the door. Stay well out there, everybody. And some prayers for the folks in Italy, almost a 10% mortality rate. There are far worse things than a delayed flight.

·
Registered
101 Posts
CATS can spread Corona...
Bullsh#t. Can my pet infect me with COVID-19?

Per the CDC, "At this time, there is no evidence that companion animals, including pets, can spread COVID-19 or that they might be a source of infection in the United States."

Transmission primarily occurs person-to-person when there is contact with an infected person’s bodily secretions, such as saliva or mucus droplets in a cough or sneeze. Transmission via touching a contaminated surface or object (also called a fomite) and then touching the mouth, nose, or eyes is also possible, but appears to be a secondary route. Smooth (non-porous) surfaces (countertops, door knobs) transmit viruses better than porous materials (paper money, pet fur) because porous and fibrous materials absorb and trap the virus, making it harder to contract through simple touch.

If you want to be very cautious, don't let other people outside of your household handle your pets at this time—the exception being if your pet needs veterinary care. Since we have all been asked to stay 6 feet away from other people when out of our homes, this is achievable.

Out of an abundance of caution, if you have COVID-19, restrict your contact with pets and other animals, just like you would with other people in that situation. When possible, have another member of your household care for your animals while you are sick. Avoid direct contact with pets, including petting, snuggling, being kissed or licked, and sharing food. If you must care for your pet or be around animals while you are sick, wash your hands before and after you interact with pets and wear a facemask if directed to do by your physician.

As a matter of everyday health, it is always a good idea to wash your hands with soap and water after contact with pets to help avoid transmission of more common illness-causing agents, such as E. coli and Salmonella.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Bullsh#t. Can my pet infect me with COVID-19?

Per the CDC, "At this time, there is no evidence that companion animals, including pets, can spread COVID-19 or that they might be a source of infection in the United States."

Transmission primarily occurs person-to-person when there is contact with an infected person’s bodily secretions, such as saliva or mucus droplets in a cough or sneeze. Transmission via touching a contaminated surface or object (also called a fomite) and then touching the mouth, nose, or eyes is also possible, but appears to be a secondary route. Smooth (non-porous) surfaces (countertops, door knobs) transmit viruses better than porous materials (paper money, pet fur) because porous and fibrous materials absorb and trap the virus, making it harder to contract through simple touch.

If you want to be very cautious, don't let other people outside of your household handle your pets at this time—the exception being if your pet needs veterinary care. Since we have all been asked to stay 6 feet away from other people when out of our homes, this is achievable.

Out of an abundance of caution, if you have COVID-19, restrict your contact with pets and other animals, just like you would with other people in that situation. When possible, have another member of your household care for your animals while you are sick. Avoid direct contact with pets, including petting, snuggling, being kissed or licked, and sharing food. If you must care for your pet or be around animals while you are sick, wash your hands before and after you interact with pets and wear a facemask if directed to do by your physician.

As a matter of everyday health, it is always a good idea to wash your hands with soap and water after contact with pets to help avoid transmission of more common illness-causing agents, such as E. coli and Salmonella.

The World Health Organization (WHO) agrees. After 14 days no dogs showed any symptons in quarantine.

So WHO let the dogs out.:sleep:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CATS. :grin:

There is no evidence that coronaviruses of our common veterinary species have entered humans in the recent past or vice versa.

However, the tendency for coronaviruses to jump species is an ongoing occurrence and it is possible that a coronavirus from a common pet species such as a cat or dog may enter humans and cause disease sometime in the future.

·
Registered
8,314 Posts
CATS. :grin:

There is no evidence that coronaviruses of our common veterinary species have entered humans in the recent past or vice versa.

However, the tendency for coronaviruses to jump species is an ongoing occurrence and it is possible that a coronavirus from a common pet species such as a cat or dog may enter humans and cause disease sometime in the future.
I had H1N1 back in 2009 and my sweet 14 yr old cat stayed by my side the entire time I was sick in bed (sickest I've ever been with double pneumonia). She caught it and had to be put down in a matter of days. The vet said he saw similar cases to ours.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Water is about as malie, calm, as it gets, but still a little murky from all the rain. I take it you live out Ewa side. Not hard to spot the incoming flights when they're nearby. Used to watch my flight back to Maui come in from my condo up on Nuuanu, knew I had about five minutes to head out the door. Stay well out there, everybody. And some prayers for the folks in Italy, almost a 10% mortality rate. There are far worse things than a delayed flight.
holonalu

Howz It Bra,
Oh, I live above the Pearl Harbor Naval Housing North Side. Back off
Salt Lake Shopping Center on the hill .... 5 minutes from NEX Commissary.
My Home sits overlooking from...... Diamond to Barbers Point Naval Station.
When I look out of my work room the Daniel K. Inoyue International Airport
sits right in front of it. I can See Hickam Air Force Base clearly and I even have a .... Telescope to watch all that is happening all over.

Mahalo Bra,
Louis

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts