The Watch Site banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Aloha , I just joined tonight to be where the fun is .

I bought a Seiko Alba V083-7010 Hyper-Tec Ana/Digi chronograph tonight on Ebay....It was an impulse..I don't know what came over me....

Anywaaaay , I looked in the manual section of this forum and [the good news ] ,I found the PDF for it . But ,[the bad news] , it's in Japanese.
Can anyone help me in locating an English version so I don't have to go to night school to learn conversational Japanese.....Please .

Mahalo , Louis

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,745 Posts
Have you tried a Google search? I've found a few manuals that way.

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
I would suggest emailing Seiko Japan, they might have an English version. It's also possible to use Google translate - go to the apps (nine small squares icon) on the top of the google home page, go to translate, look below the translate box for -"translate a document" (in blue), click it and browse for your Japanese pdf, then click the blue translate button on the right of the page. You'll get a somewhat jumbled version - in English. Use this in association with the original, and you'll likely work it out.
Good luck.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice and heads up about the Google translate . I was looking for a translate app.
I even went to the Alba site, but it wasn't listed . The Ebay seller sent me the Japanese version and also set it for me to the Hawaiian time zone .

I will try to translate it with google , but any other sources are greatly appreciated , so please keep 'um coming .

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow !! So close ....The google translate is something else . It did a loose translation to English but the Japanese PDF. instruction sheet is all on one page so the words overlapped making it very difficult to read . I tried separating the sections , but the translator would not work that way for me .
I'll keep looking for an English version and also try to Email Seiko Japan for one as soon as I can find the Email address . I have already Emailed Alba watches for one so I'll see what I can dig up .
I appreciate all of the help from the members....Mahalo , Louis

·
Special Member
4,626 Posts
Those Alba models are very nice but mostly a JDM model, I believe. So any English manual would be hard to find IMO. Since you live in Hawaii, have you thought of finding a Japanese retail store and asking a Japanese national?? The manual is simple enough to translate but just takes time. My Japanese wife did this for a fellow in Seattle who collected robot watches and needed the manual translated. He in turn bought the wife some Calvin Klein perfume as a thankyou! :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are correct , Alba watches are a Japan Domestic Market product that is a sub-brand of Seiko, [as I have now found out] . I have also been looking for a similar 4 button chronograph by Seiko or any other brand to use their instruction manual. The Ebay seller I purchased the watch from is in Japan . I will try to find someone to help me translate the Japanese instructions here in Hawaii ....maybe someone at my regional library might suggest someone . I am going to make a copy of the instructions from this website , scan the sections of the copy , and see if the Google translator will work using the individual sections ??
I'll keep looking till something pops up .
Mahalo , Louis

·
Special Member
1,827 Posts
I generally find that just copying and pasting into Google translate the paragraph I am interested in works well enough.

The translation is not perfect but it is good enough to understand.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BINGO !!! THANKS Anthony , 7s26b , Thianwong , and MikeyT.....

I was trying to translate from a screenshot on my MAC and the translator didn't understand the language/protocol the screenshot provided...[ the translator needed a translator..yuk yuk ] , so I went straight to the pdf manual on this website and copied and pasted a few sections and...................suspense..............there it was !!

Yea Us!!!!! I can sleep now..... Mahalo's to all , Louis the translator

1 - 13 of 13 Posts