The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Im new to the forum so I hope I don't post in the wrong section.

Im from Norway and i have to Seiko Sarb watches (SARB072 and SARB033). Both watches are of good quality and looks great. The SARB072 was bought on in may from japan_treasure_factory2 on ebay. Already in late july I started noticing bad accuracy on the watch. In september I bought the SARB033 from another seller and upon arrival I immediatly noticed that the 033 had much better accuracy and the watch made a totaly different sound when I winded it compared to the 072. Overtime the SARB072 has become worse and worse and is now unwearable. I can wind it fully and lay it on a table and it works for hours but once I put it on my wrist it stops. Please have in mind that it has been worn in rotation with several other watches so lightly wearing for 2-3 months. When I contacted japan_treasure_factory2 on ebay this was the last thing they told me:

"In Japan, manufacture such as Seiko asks only warranty card and some document to prove the date buyer purchased.
( such as receipt )
Hand writing the date of purchase doesn't mean anything. If it works in Norway, you can write it down on the warranty card and
pass it to Norway Seiko.

I think if you can send the copy of paypal purchase history note, they will trust you that it is warranty period.
In Japan, the payment receipt works 100% even if there is no stamp or note on the warranty card.

Please try that way and ask Norway seiko to repair it if the repair is needed.

Thank you."

and:

"Last time, I sent you the link to Seiko Norway. Did you have contact with them?
As I told you I am not an engineer and I recommend you to ask professional opinion.
They have may some solution. Maybe your way to use is not correct. Now I don't know.

Please have contact with them. I think it is the fastest step to solve it.

Thank you for your understanding."

Well I reached out to Seiko Norway. The watch needed an entire new movement for the price of 4470 Norwegian kroner (approx. $580). The watch cost me $439. I have tried contacting japan_treasure_factory2 ever since but no replies.

So I need help on what I should do. In my opinion a brand new watch purchased in May should not need a new movement 3 months afterwards with lightly wearing. But since seller doesn't respond could I do the movement change myself possibly?

·
Registered
45 Posts
May: buy watch #1
July: problem with Watch #1
Sept: buy watch #2 from same seller
Jan: Ask for advice on Watch #1

ebay might have helped you BEFORE you bought watch #2 (depending on which ebay you used), but their position after that is "why buy ANOTHER watch from same seller if not happy with first watch?".

Basically - the longer you wait the harder it is.

Plenty of info around on changing movements.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May: buy watch #1
July: problem with Watch #1
Sept: buy watch #2 from same seller
Jan: Ask for advice on Watch #1

ebay might have helped you BEFORE you bought watch #2 (depending on which ebay you used), but their position after that is "why buy ANOTHER watch from same seller if not happy with first watch?".

Basically - the longer you wait the harder it is.

Plenty of info around on changing movements.
Thank you for your reply. As I wrote the second watch was purchased from a different seller. I have tried looking around for info about changig movement but can't find anything to the spesific watch or movement. First of all I need another movement that is the 6r15 I suppose.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Why won't Seiko fix the watch under warranty?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'd try some local Seiko stockists - take the watch, the blank card and any details of the purchase, explain the situation, see if they have any helpful suggestions?

Because the warranty card doesn't have any stamps and is not signed for when bought by the seller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts