The Watch Site banner

Magnum P.I. Watch

18K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  Sharky 
#1 ·
This arrived today. I’ve been searching for this watch for a long time. The 1980s series tv show was one of my favorites. This watch is almost identical to the one Tom Selleck (Thomas Magnum) wore in the first couple of seasons before he switched to the Rolex GMT Master. I say almost because this has Tritium lume and thus has the T Swiss Made T at the bottom of the dial instead of the Swiss Made stamp on Selleck’s watch. Nevertheless, I’m stoked to finally have it.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

See less See more
#6 ·
I‘ve never found the backstory on why Selleck wore this watch. In the series he once set the timing bezel for a scuba dive and then there was a whole episode on the GMT Master that he switched to for the rest of the series. Interesting on why there was obvious watch interest by the writers/producers.

#9 ·
This is very cool. I remember the series well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SennieG
#15 ·
Love Chronosports in general. For Macgyver fans, there's an episode in Season 1 or 2 where he's wearing a Chronosport Navigator (full steel but digital-similar to Casio) and another where his boss/friend Pete wears a seldom-seen horseshoe shaped Citizen 8946. Honourable mention-Casio DW5200 and a Timex Atlantis 100 in one episode.

#16 ·
Found the women’s version of the Magnum diver on the bay. Gave it to my wife for Christmas a day late as it was held hostage by the USPS for 2 weeks. 14mm lugs. Came without a strap so I dug into my bag of straps and found only one that would fit. Now I‘m on the hunt for something more suitable for a diver. Gonna be tough given the lug width. Disregard the photo on the far right.
Product Brown Wrist Watch Photograph
Blue Product Watch Analog watch Font

#21 ·
Any chance you would be wiling to sell this watch
It is my boyfriends 50th Birthday and he has served USMC and people his whole life.
of so please message me at crnatobe@hotmail.com
It is also his dream watch
What a nice thought, but I must say "if genuine", people who have just joined a collectors forum and ask members to email outside of the forum are typically spammer/scammers, that is the reality of collectors forums. If the OP wishes to "he" can contact you through a DM and then you may respond to him in convo, no emails necessary at all. But you being a noob cannot initiate a DM to anyone here until a time period and post count has elapsed.

#27 ·
This landed today. Momentum (St Moritz) putting this out is amazing. It is very faithful to the original, unlike lots of of other watch companies who just can’t seem to help themselves when reintroducing a vintage piece and not making it nearly identical to the original. That said, the Sea Quartz was not the watch Tom Selleck wore on Magnum P.I. Pictures from the series show otherwise. The dial is labeled “Quartz” and without the “30” underneath.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property