The Watch Site banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a Luminox but the glow seems to be pretty weak (the salesman tells me they're much brighter)
Does anyone ever seen a Luminox glow at night and can compare to a regular new Seikoi diver ?

Thanks
Gaspar

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The watch store surprised me with the Lume tubes are only warrantied for 3 years and watch for 1 or 2 (I can't remember). So with a warranty that short how can they say its good for 25 years?
I'm having mixed feelings...

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jbdan said:
What watch store? iirc Luminox guarantees their trit tube watches to stay the same brightness for 10 years then slowly dissipate after-wards... going on to say (this is what they used to claim they were recently bought out) they would last up to 20+ years. This might have changed in the last 2 years, but this is what they used to claim. I was into Luminox in the mid 90's when people knew very little about them. They had a very poor marketing team/plan and customer support was zero nil nada back then.

I was in Dallas last week and in the outlet mall one of the watches stores.. I guess the guy there didn't know much and/or I don't much much about new watches and how warranties are applied, in fact in the Luminox website they say you need to buy from a distributor for the warranty to be effective so I guess ebay is out of the question, my daily watches are ~1968 Accutrons that I didn't buy new as I wasn't in this planet yet. Now that I think... I have never bought a new watch!

And just to keep things interesting here's the culprit:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.