The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Special Member
2,684 Posts
Thanks for the British MOD Watch Lume Specifications. I am currently working on a Seiko 7T27 Gen 2 Chronograph with P markings. Always a lot of interest in the difference between the T and P markings. I will be reading this with great interest... Thanks for sharing!

·
Special Member
2,684 Posts
I just finished the Seiko 7T27 Gen 2 Chronograph with P Dial Markings (Promethium). Issued to RAF Helicopter and Jet Fighter Military Pilots in 1997 :)

Watch was bought as a Non-Runner so a Purple Dial 7T27 was sourced as a Donor (perhaps the Ugliest 7T I have ever seen so No Worries about the untimely death of this one). During the movement swap the black 4 o'clock date wheel was switched into the Donor Movement. 7T27 Movement is running well with all functions and subdial registers working perfectly. I understand that there are some unique functions to the 7T27 and I am still trying to learn how to work the watch.

New Crystal was installed and watch was finished with a New Phoenix Ministry of Defense Issued Admiralty Grey NATO Strap. 1990's Seiko grey Cockpit Style plastic box was also added.

Easy to Read Military Dial, Seiko Quartz Accuracy, and RAF History.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lovely MOD 7T I'm jealous!

·
Registered
647 Posts
One of my all time favourites, but I can't justify the price of them (to Mrs Q) for a 30 - 40 year old seiko

·
Special Member
2,684 Posts
Thanks Guys. This was a fun and easy project and seeing it run again was very satisfying! Happy to see the 7T27 back in service and ready for another 20 years on the wrist :)

You might notice in this video the MOD 7T27 (not my watch or video) does not have the 24 hour subdial properly synchronized with the time (perhaps the 24 hour subdial register is not working on this example?)

·
Registered
2,123 Posts

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Japanese military Seiko??

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
You are both correct ;) I'm working on a broken winding gear but it should be ready to launch soon :)

Hot damn! That is something to look forward to . You found that in Thailand ?

·
Special Member
2,684 Posts
Seiko 7T27 Gen 2 Royal Navy Submariner's Watch (No Lume)

The 7T27 works well as a Submariner's Watch as it has a 24 Hour Subdial Register that was not on the earlier 7A28 Gen 1 Military Chronographs. The 24 Hour Subdial is Very Useful when there is no natural daylight on a Submarine and day and night can become confusing.

·
Special Member
2,684 Posts
Failure to Launch. The Seikosha Sakura experienced numerous mechanical difficulties and had to be removed from the Flight Deck. Please Standby!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts