The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Special Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They look empty handed to me. I don't see any Little Green Boxes in their hands :)

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
you'd think the store would have been smart enough not to tempt fate by putting all that in the front windows.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Well yes any Rolex AD I have any known puts all their watches into a safe at night. To do otherwise tempts fate, rioting or not.

But they sure as hell did break in and wreak havoc it was top news this morning in NYC.

If you have ever been in the Wempe Rolex Boutique up by the Seiko Boutique in the watch district in Manhattan, the number of Rolexes on the wall shown on the left with short circuit the right side of your brain. Figure 300+ at an average of $15K or $4.5M on the wall every day. Then the specials and such under glass. I figure there's $10M in the store. You get double buzzed in and it's very elegant and all but it makes me nervous that I'll be standing there that maybe some guerillas will come in blazing.
1591073848129.png

·
Registered
157 Posts
If I had to guess - probably just two tone precious metal blingy pieces that scream "lack of taste" from a mile away they intentionally left inside to collect insurance as they would have never sold it otherwise. Those will for sure find their way to the intended market - flashy drug dealers and pimps in fur coats 😋

·
Special Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is the looter to the left trying to steal from the looter at the front ? I wonder who the guy is with the camera ? how does any of this looting etc help to eradicate racism ?

I don't know but I really like those Red Checker Pattern Sneakers?

·
Special Member
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did the looter only get the one Red Checker Pattern shoe or did he end up getting a Pair. I can't see the point of stealing only one shoe ;)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
This is just the NY Post doing what the NY Post does and posting misleading click-bait as headlines. If you scroll to the bottom of the article linked above:

The store’s spokesman said “no watches of any kind were stolen, as there weren’t any on display in the store. There were simply windows broken and some vitrines smashed.”

1 - 20 of 29 Posts