The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has revamped their site and it looks like SCWF + WUS must be run by the same outfit?

·
Banned
885 Posts
Yeah, they announced the 'upgrade' before the weekend. I checked in there early this morning (which would have been 'overnight' in the US) and it still hadn't taken effect. Like you say, it looks very much like SCWF now, especially without WUS's usual brand advertising promo' headers. It also appears that Mike Stuffler has been promoted to Administrator, so expect a sharp increase in bannings. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
To me WUS is a better marketplace than here, but this site offers actual knowledge, true help, and topics of interest. I just can't warm to the types of posts that WUS usually garners.
I'm with you on that front. Mind you I have met some fine folks there too. Looking at some of the most inane posts on WUS can be a guilty pleasure though.....like glancing through the National Enquirer in the checkout line ;)

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I'm with you on that front. Mind you I have met some fine folks there too. Looking at some of the most inane posts on WUS can be a guilty pleasure though.....like glancing through the National Enquirer in the checkout line ;)
I only visit the Chinese Mechanical Watch forum(f72) and have many friends there. The knowledge base there is probably the best on the Internet (y) (y)
I can't comment on the other sub forums as I don't even peak in on them ;)
Hopefully Veriscope will have included all the fixes and upgrades that they have done to TWS.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Not a fan of this site's new format, and even more so the new WUS. I realize that change is inevitable, but there's always something comforting about the same look through the years. Now gone. Bummer. Selling on WUS has always been an adventure, but their market is large.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
the only thread I read at WUS is the new seiko coming out thread. there's always a bit of bickering, BUT they have the best photos of the new stuff, especially by yonson (sp).

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Not a fan of this site's new format, and even more so the new WUS. I realize that change is inevitable, but there's always something comforting about the same look through the years. Now gone. Bummer. Selling on WUS has always been an adventure, but their market is large.
Agree with you there on the comfort of a consistent look. I was just looking to message someone here on SCWF, couldn't find their message, and then realized that I was in the browser tab with WUS, not SCWF! So much for visual queues.

Despite the minor issue with this new format, I'll say that I generally like it. And at least we're not like the Luddites over there on Watchnet or Timezone...:)

(j/k, I love you WN and TZ!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts