The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase a Dive watch with date only

I posted pics of my trusty watch in my introduction thread.
I have been searching for a similar watch but all I can find are watches with day & date other than the new Seiko SRP043k2 which has numbers on the dial at 12,3,6,& 9.
Looking for suggestions .
Thanks
Phil
another pic
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Looking to purchase a Dive watch with date only

thecaseback said:
How about quartz divers? SBCM023? or kinetic divers?
Specifically looking for an automatic.
Thanks for the suggestion though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,319 Posts
Re: Looking to purchase a Dive watch with date only

Depending on how much you want to spend, the Seiko Sumo SBDC001 fits your requirements.
Automatic and it hacks and hand winds. Also comes in blue and orange.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Re: Looking to purchase a Dive watch with date only

You might also try to get a used Samurai:


Or for this relatively new model:


Cheers,

Axel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Looking to purchase a Dive watch with date only

[size=x-small]Time, just checked out the $ on a Seiko sumo SBDC001. Great looking watch but a bit more than I would like to spend.

[size=x-small]Axel66, I prefer to buy new since I do not know anything about watches.
[size=x-small]The SRPK403k is nice looking but I am not sure I dig the numbers on the dial.

[size=x-small]I saw a watch similar to mine; a skx173 but it had day/date. The movement was the same as a 007 . What would account for the higher price? (both were on rubber straps)
[size=x-small]Who would have thought getting a new watch would be so difficult.
[size=x-small]Just looking for a clean everyday workhorse automatic 200meter dive watch with date only 200- 400$ range.
[size=x-small]I have worn mine everyday since 1993 never had to take it in.
[size=x-small]Keep em coming, if you don't mind helping out a newbie.
[size=x-small]Cheers
[size=x-small]P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,100 Posts
Re: Looking to purchase a Dive watch with date only

phil said:
I posted pics of my trusty watch in my introduction thread.
I have been searching for a similar watch but all I can find are watches with day & date other than the new Seiko SRP043k2 which has numbers on the dial at 12,3,6,& 9.
Looking for suggestions .
Thanks
Phil
another pic
Phil,

How about a 7S26-0020 (SKX007 or similar) with a black "Sumo" dial?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Looking to purchase a Dive watch with date only

Selym said:
Phil,

How about a 7S26-0020 (SKX007 or similar) with a black "Sumo" dial?
How does one go about doing that.
Is there a pic I can view?
Sounds cool of course i really don't know very much about dials, h*ll let's be honest watches!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,100 Posts
Re: Looking to purchase a Dive watch with date only

phil said:
How does one go about doing that.
Is there a pic I can view?
Sounds cool of course i really don't know very much about dials, h*ll let's be honest watches!
Phil,

Here's what the "Sumo" dial looks like. This one is blue, but they also come in black and orange.



Here's a 7S26-0020 (SKX007).



The "Sumo" isn't sold in the States, so the parts houses probably don't stock the dial. There are a few forum members that come to mind that might be able to source the "Sumo" dial: (In no particular order) [[email protected]]Jake Bordeau[/email], [url=http://www.thewatchsite.com/[email protected]]Rob[/url], [[email protected]]Harry Ng[/email]

Best,
Myles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Re: Looking to purchase a Dive watch with date only

I am more of a vintage guy.. You could look for a earlier model 7002 such as the 7002-7009, they can be obtained in great shape with some patients for slightly over 100 bucks..



I also have the 7002 7039 with a backup



Great watch.

Andries Westerbaan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Looking to purchase a Dive watch with date only

Selym said:
Phil,

Here's what the "Sumo" dial looks like. This one is blue, but they also come in black and orange.



Here's a 7S26-0020 (SKX007).



The "Sumo" isn't sold in the States, so the parts houses probably don't stock the dial. There are a few forum members that come to mind that might be able to source the "Sumo" dial: (In no particular order) [[email protected]]Jake Bordeau[/email], [url=http://www.thewatchsite.com/[email protected]]Rob[/url], [[email protected]]Harry Ng[/email]

Best,
Myles
[/quote]
Thanks Selym!
That looks like something I would wear.
So I should purchase skx 007 and then see if one of those above could replace the original dial with a sumo? I wouldn't imagine such an upscale dial would fit an entry level watch but it may be worth the shot.
Would the warranty be void?
Will still be water resistant to 200 meters?

Any of those guys in north America?
Looking forward to your reply
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Looking to purchase a Dive watch with date only

mrteatime said:
you could always drop yobokies a note, and he'll put in a date only dial on any new seiko you fancy
Thanks Mrteatime...

Who is yobokies?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Looking to purchase a Dive watch with date only

2824 said:
I am more of a vintage guy.. You could look for a earlier model 7002 such as the 7002-7009, they can be obtained in great shape with some patients for slightly over 100 bucks..



I also have the 7002 7039 with a backup

[img]

Great watch.

Andries Westerbaan
[/quote]


Andries,


If I had more knowledge of watches that may be something to consider. So many great buys out there I wouldn't which ones are legit.
I really like your watches though to bad they still don't make them.
Great photos what type of camera did you use. I had to struggle with the coolpix I borrowed to get the crummy shots I posted.
Phil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Re: Looking to purchase a Dive watch with date only

I didn't buy myself from him, but I once won some parts from him that he donated (yet to find the right donor watch to use them - shame on me!) and a lot of other guys here purchased from him!

Cheers,

Axel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Looking to purchase a Dive watch with date only

Axel,
I sent him(?) a pm.
Maybe it will workout.
Phil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
964 Posts
Re: Looking to purchase a Dive watch with date only

phil said:
Axel,
I sent him(?) a pm.
Maybe it will workout.
Phil
If not via pm, you find his e-mail addy in the linked post.

Cheers,

Axel

P.S. I would then also change the hands, as imho the original 007 hands will not really complement the markers on the "Scubadiver" dial, but these are personal preferences of course.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top