The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking around for a G and there are so many models I'm having a hard time deciding which way to go.
What are the differences between Gulfman, Mudman and Riseman? I'm kind of liking the looks of the models with analog time keeping. How do I know which models have what features? What about Giez, Hybrid, Pro and standard models?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
To echo what others have said, because there are so many different models, you'd probably be best off looking through all of them to see which you like best.

In terms of how the models you mentioned differentiate, you'll find that the modules and the design characteristics will be different from model to model. For example, the Mudman is designed to be especially impervious to dirt, grime, mud, etc. (thus the name), whereas the Riseman might have an altimeter or something along those lines.

At any rate, I'd use the resource links above and just start looking around. The reviews section would also be especially helpful.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
nhoJ said:
There are so many models I would say just get something that you like the looks of and are willing to spend.
That's pretty much it. The functions are very similar between them, so you basically have to choose the one you think is cooler.
BUT, there are a few key differences. Some models are Tough Solar (solar powered) while others are battery powered and some versions have radio-sync capabilities - the "atomic" models. The Riseman is an ABT watch (altimeter/barometer/thermometer), while the others aren't, and the Mudman has more stopwatch features then the other two.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!!! Right now the Sky Cockpit GW-3000B-1AJF on Sieya's site is looking pretty sweet.
Is there something similar in the US market?

Upstanding Citizen, Kenny Powers is hilarious!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts