The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to Seiko forum and recently picked up the following two used watches. Both are in good working condition but not sure the quality of these two. I have couple of other Seikos that i bought brand new and I really enjoy wearing my SKX009, SARB035 and SARB017

I will really appreciate if someone can give me more info on the following two watches.

Thanks

6C0ECBDC-48D5-4FFD-B47A-41F508FB3E93.jpg
7DE5F089-30DA-446C-B4EC-B58E089B4520.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you take some close up pictures of the backs, with good images of the numbers. I might be able to tell you bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what Seiko decoder results showed, I am not sure how to find movement number for Citizen watch

·
Registered
9 Posts
They appear to be on the lower end of the seiko and citizen lines. The backs says base metal case and stainless steel back. That usually means they weren’t expensive to begin with. I’d bet they aren’t very old either. Probably some value in that their condition is pretty good. I assume they run. So they would make fine and fun little mechanical watches. Not really much of a collecting demand for those models to drive up costs though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought these are good watches. What base metal means.......I think they are gold plated and back is not gold plated hence stainless steel.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I thought these are good watches. What base metal means.......I think they are gold plated and back is not gold plated hence stainless steel.

Thanks
Your welcome.

Sorry if that was bad news. They are still cool mechanical watches. And are in excellent condition. I would expect them to work for years and years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
The Citizen is known as an eagle, they are put together on mass in India, (it will not be water resistant)
it probably will have a variant of the 8200A movement and it will go for ever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts