The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! This is my first post to the site. I've been getting into Seiko's lately and recently make this purchase on a whim - it's a Lord Matic 5606-7000. One thing I'm confused about is the date of production. Looking at the caseback, it would seem that it was made in 1977, which is also what the watch sleuth site said. However, noticing that it has "proof" on the caseback, surely it is from earlier? Doing a bit of research, the 5606 line wasn't started till 1968, so a date of 1967 for this watch is unlikely? Although it was late 67 (November), so maybe it's possible? I've also posted a pic of the dial, in case that helps too. The buyer says he purchased it from a reputable seller in Japan that assured him it was 100% authentic.

I wanted to get your thoughts on the production year. Also, is there anything else I should be concerned about re: the dial? The Suwa symbol seems a bit different too? Hoping for the best!! Thanks all!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1967 for sure. Have seen from this year but not many. Not the correct bracelet but not unusual. Enjoy!
@seikoman35 Thanks! That’s what I was leaning toward. Definitely not the correct bracelet, so might try to find something.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, is there a trick to accessing the movement? Really getting the crystal off? I tried with my crystal lift, but didn’t want to damage anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to further reaffirm you it's most likely a 1967 model! Found this in the 1968 catalogue but I couldn't find the same 5606 in the 1977 catalogue.

I have a Lord Matic too and the Suwa symbol on yours looks fine. Occasionally I'll notice a bit of white stuff coming out of the circumference of the crystal though - my guess is that it's bit of glue coming out.

Hopefully everything is well and good with yours though! 1967 is a long time ago

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts