The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this might not be a typical way to look for a watch, but after a bunch of ins and outs from my collection I find myself with a lot of great 22mm watch straps but no watches to use them on. I do have many dive watches that will use 22mm, but I prefer them on bracelets. And while most of my watches are mechanical, I always want a few quartz watches I can just grab, put on and go.

So I'm looking for suggestions along these lines:

$300 or less MSRP,

39-43mm case wo/crown
Not a chronograph,
Not a dive watch,
Prefer analog but would consider digital.

Required:
22mm lug width,
Quartz, including solar powered.

Any ideas would be welcomed!

Right now I'm looking at one of these, a Seiko SNE327 and its Spork-like dial. The main downside is the smallish hands. Would welcome hearing from anyone who has one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, that's right on the money for me. Thanks!

The 00E seems to be a bit rare, but I do have a PMT56-2731 already so I might go for the the green or possibly orange/black version that appear more easy to get.

They are no longer available new, though.

Both are solar powered, daydate at 3.

The BM8475-00E has full numerals and a black dial:

https://www.google.de/search?q=BM8475-00E&source=lnms&tbm=isch

The BM8475-00X has 3/6/9/12 numerals and a dark olive dial:
https://www.google.de/search?q=BM8475-00X&source=lnms&tbm=isch

^_^

·
Registered
39 Posts
I do have both the -00E and the -00X.
I like the -00E better. I put it on a 22mm straight end solid link black bracelet. Very nice, solid feeling combination. Not too heavy, but substantial.

^_^

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I went with one of these, a Citizen BM6401 (which I gather is the same as a BM6400). I fudged a bit as the lugs are only 21mm but I figure I can make 22mm straps work. I love my PMT56-2731 and it reminds me of that but especially the other version that was offered back in the day (forget the number) with this more military dial. I got it with the bracelet because I always like having that "just in case"…and I doubt I can make my other 22mm bracelets fit like I might a strap. I think the one I'm getting is labeled a Promaster with that logo above the WR 200.

(borrowed pic)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts