The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help from forum members !

as most know Citizen nor at least one parts/watch repair AD will not sell parts to consumers both want the watch....

Need a case back as shown in photo

Anyone know where I can obtain one without sending the watch

Unlike Seiko seems like Citizen has taken the same aftersales approach as Rolex?

Thanks team

John

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Unlike Seiko seems like Citizen has taken the same aftersales approach as Rolex?

Thanks team

John
The parts are classed as restricted - so even 'though distributors may have them they are not permitted to sell them to anyone but an AD.
Some of the watch material houses would very much appreciate you (and all the rest of us) complaining loudly to the Federal Trade Commission here in the United States.
This certainly wouldn't be tolerated in the automobile industry for example and a case can be made for the manufacturers putting independent watchmakers out of business.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
The parts are classed as restricted - so even 'though distributors may have them they are not permitted to sell them to anyone but an AD.
Some of the watch material houses would very much appreciate you (and all the rest of us) complaining loudly to the Federal Trade Commission here in the United States.
This certainly wouldn't be tolerated in the automobile industry for example and a case can be made for the manufacturers putting independent watchmakers out of business.
Here in Japan, afik, the same applies.... individuals cannot buy parts for themselves. Same with car parts, i believe. Tis just not done here! In general, Japan was never a 'do it yourself society'. However in the home renovation or home gardening area, you can buy your own materials.
Watch parts? Forget it!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again;
If Seiko fall in behind nearly all the other watch companies and restrict parts availability, we can wave bye bye to the hobby as we know it today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts