The Watch Site banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,.

Recently I scored a very nice bulova super Seville! The only problem is that it hasn't got enough links to fit my wrist.

If you have two spare left please send me a pm. I will be glad to take them from you. I'm looking for the silver ones.

Kind regards

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
hey why not try and band extender while u are looking for the original extra links...if u can measure the band...they are quite easy to find and most of us have used them from time to time...God Bless,John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey why not try and band extender while u are looking for the original extra links...if u can measure the band...they are quite easy to find and most of us have used them from time to time...God Bless,John
Hi Jringo!

what do you mean with band extenders? Links from a replica president band or ... ? I don't really onderstand what you mean,

thanks in advance!

·
Special Member
529 Posts
Ebay. Cut and past this into the serach bar:

10mm 12mm 14mm 16mm 18mm 20mm & 22mm Watch Band Bracelet Clasp Spring Extender

Will probably give you right at 2-3 links worth of length (provided your clasp is the type that will take this)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ebay. Cut and past this into the serach bar:

10mm 12mm 14mm 16mm 18mm 20mm & 22mm Watch Band Bracelet Clasp Spring Extender

Will probably give you right at 2-3 links worth of length (provided your clasp is the type that will take this)
found it! Thanks for the tip.

Will see if this works because it has sort of a 'crownclasp'. So im not sure if you will see anything

Thinking about an AM bracelet for in the meantime. Figured out that if I buy one with loose endlinks, i could use the original endlinks, and the AM bracelet... Not ideal, but better than nothing. It runs on leather know

·
Registered
109 Posts
I posted this tragic tale about a decade ago but remembering still rankles.
Back in the '90's the main Australian Seiko dealership had 4 watchmakers working fulltime and when re-sizing a band threw the unwanted links into a 44 gallon drum in the corner of the workshop.
In 1992 or thereabouts the drum was full so they sold it as scrap metal for about $50 and it was melted in the furnace.
Would be worth a fortune today!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts