The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Speedmaster came up for sale a couple of weeks ago in Japan. Ever since I first saw one I decided that I wanted one, so when an example in great condition turned up I decide to grab it.

It comes in a metallic finish outer cardboard box with Prospex branding and designer signature.

Inside this is a padded Prospex box.

This inner box is marked Speedmaster and the designer and houses the watch.

The watch was designed by Takuya Yura, a Japanese designer specializing in aerodynamics who has designed numerous race cars and a range of prototypes for various manufacturers. He is the President and CEO of Mooncraft, a Japanese motor sports design company.

The watch was a limited edition of 600 units and was released in 2004 as part of the Seiko Chronograph 40th Anniversary. This is based around the common 7T62 movement.

It has a recessed bullhead design and this can be accessed by rotating the bezel and the lifting the main body up.

The case back has Yura sans signature on the back and a number for the 600 unit limited edition release.

The body and bracelet are all made from Diashield coated titanium with a sapphire crystal. The lugs have a design inspired by a race car control arm.

The watch also came with a card outlining Yura sans profile and confirming the 2004 release, as well as the hang tag and other paperwork.

This is a really nice watch and one I am very happy to add to the collection.

Some more info on the watch and it's design process along with other products from Yura san can be seen on this personal website - http://www.mooncraft.jp/yuratakuya/

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm jealous! I know that pop out feature will be useless for me, but I want one! Great addition to the collection mate and very nice pictures!

Me: "WRUW while drinking?"
Quotron: "If I do it right.... nothing."

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Very cool watch, likewise I'm jealous!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
so that was you mr akable...you lucky sod
i was watching that one too....have been pining for one of those for a while.
its a fantastic condition one as well
congrats

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Woweee...amazing.
That is crisp and sharp. I love it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Here I am again drooling at this watch. Gaahh can't find it anywhere

Me: "WRUW while drinking?"