1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Researcher
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

· Researcher
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a little odd isn't it? considering it's Prospex - but if you look very closely at the crown, it looks like a non screwdown? I kinda like the dial with the applique badge though.

· Researcher
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not a monster it's the modified SRP443 I believe, not a Diver watch but a larger Seiko with see through case back. It is actually pretty nice, I had one briefly. That model is a little better then this one I think too...
Good catch!- I read the write up on WUS forums after googling it, they are wrong about it's lower power reserve though - as all the 7S and 4R3X use the same SPRON100 spring ( the early 4r35a tech pdf was wrong in saying the 4R35 had a SPRON 510 mainspring).

· Registered
780 Posts
why would they do that to the monster case? hideous. imho of course
Maybe you don't like it but the Monster is a very popular model and Seiko obviously basing the decision on sales figures, think that this will be a smashing success.

As I mentioned I had one, I did a project with one. Very comfortable and larger but flatter then the original Monster. I did not care for the crown and the semi shroud around the case, here is my project, sold now:

· Researcher
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe you don't like it but the Monster is a very popular model and Seiko obviously basing the decision on sales figures, think that this will be a smashing success.

As I mentioned I had one, I did a project with one. Very comfortable and larger but flatter then the original Monster. I did not care for the crown and the semi shroud around the case, here is my project, sold now:

Very nice work, that's a really cool mod.
Likewise, Seiko have sold millions of the Monster and Neo Monster - plus all the many look-a-likes, so they're doing something right.

· Researcher
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
+3 on the pass.
Never understood the date window showing more than the actual current day.Not my kinda watch. Just my 2c
I think that the simple answer to the large window, is that it allows you to know what the date is - even if the hand is obscuring the number.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.