Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a little odd isn't it? considering it's Prospex - but if you look very closely at the crown, it looks like a non screwdown? I kinda like the dial with the applique badge though.

·
Registered
739 Posts
It's not a monster it's the modified SRP443 I believe, not a Diver watch but a larger Seiko with see through case back. It is actually pretty nice, I had one briefly. That model is a little better then this one I think too...

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not a monster it's the modified SRP443 I believe, not a Diver watch but a larger Seiko with see through case back. It is actually pretty nice, I had one briefly. That model is a little better then this one I think too...
Good catch!- I read the write up on WUS forums after googling it, they are wrong about it's lower power reserve though - as all the 7S and 4R3X use the same SPRON100 spring ( the early 4r35a tech pdf was wrong in saying the 4R35 had a SPRON 510 mainspring).

·
Registered
739 Posts
why would they do that to the monster case? hideous. imho of course
Maybe you don't like it but the Monster is a very popular model and Seiko obviously basing the decision on sales figures, think that this will be a smashing success.

As I mentioned I had one, I did a project with one. Very comfortable and larger but flatter then the original Monster. I did not care for the crown and the semi shroud around the case, here is my project, sold now:

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe you don't like it but the Monster is a very popular model and Seiko obviously basing the decision on sales figures, think that this will be a smashing success.

As I mentioned I had one, I did a project with one. Very comfortable and larger but flatter then the original Monster. I did not care for the crown and the semi shroud around the case, here is my project, sold now:

Very nice work, that's a really cool mod.
Likewise, Seiko have sold millions of the Monster and Neo Monster - plus all the many look-a-likes, so they're doing something right.

·
Registered
475 Posts
+3 on the pass.
Never understood the date window showing more than the actual current day.Not my kinda watch. Just my 2c

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
+3 on the pass.
Never understood the date window showing more than the actual current day.Not my kinda watch. Just my 2c
And on this one they highlighted doing it with the stripes next to it. I see more and more watches like this all the time, watches I'd otherwise quite like.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
+3 on the pass.
I think that the simple answer to the large window, is that it allows you to know what the date is - even if the hand is obscuring the number.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts