The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to what tools and methods you members use to pry and lift bezels and case backs with out scratching or damaging the mating watch parts .
I have a piece of thin [1/16 in ] brass flat stock I want to put a small bend on the end and file it to fit the indentations on the bezels and snap on case backs , a small lever similar to a watch hands lever .
Any other good methods and tools you use .
Thanks , Louis

·
Special Member
6,537 Posts
For bezels a credit card is terrific.

For case backs, I use a window scraper that takes a razor blade. Forget that dopey "case back opener" tool, they should call it a "case back scratcher that doesn't open a damn thing".

Attachments

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have seen/heard others mention using a credit card, but I can't seem to figure out how people are using them.

As silly as it sounds, would someone mind posting a pic of how they trimmed the card? I'm embarrassed for even asking. :grin:

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have seen/heard others mention using a credit card, but I can't seem to figure out how people are using them.

As silly as it sounds, would someone mind posting a pic of how they trimmed the card? I'm embarrassed for even asking. :grin:
I think that only works with new watches. I tried to get an old crusty bezel off and it required a lot more force that was possible to apply with a credit card.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Yeah yeah neither do I . OK when I say credit card I mean credit type card. They are in abundance here... Most newsagents have hundreds to give away for the national lottery. The task of getting bezels off without marking the case or bezel itself bugged me for a long time. I tried many solutions but then tried a sharpened credit TYPE card . I shared that on these forums cos I thought it would help others.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts