The Watch Site banner
101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Underside photos showing the end links of very different profiles:
View attachment 455495 View attachment 455496
Here it is

I did recalling seeing this style of bracelet before just wasn’t sure on which watch, thank you so much for pointing it out! I suspect the previous owner swapped it with a 7002 while keeping the 6002 end links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum and very late to this thread but since I own a 6139 Silver 'proof' I thought id share a picture. Sorry I dont have a picture of it alone (everything is in storage due to Covid discplacement) and this is the only picture I have on my computer at the moment. I picked this 6139 up at a small watch seller/repair shop a few years ago in SF. It had been an 'abandoned' watch that came in for a service in the 90s and never picked up and then lost in inventory by the watchmaker. They found it by chance and put it out in the display case and I was the lucky guy who walked in at the right moment. I have always loved the Pogues and would have been happy with any model, but Its only after I bought it that I learned how rare this model is. It has a h-link signed Seiko bracelet when purchased by me, but I took that off to not scratch it up any further and in this picture its on an Uncle Seiko h-link. Take care and I look forward to more Silver Proof discussion that I hopefully wont be late on.
View attachment 455311
Here's a few more pics of my Silver Proof.

·
Special Member
2,578 Posts
we need to get and put together the shapes of the notches in a notch case. I've had a few where it looked like the notch was made by a seiko employee who forgot his coffee and your notch is just as bad (I'd still take the watch though...LOL). some are nicely shaped and have a larger "curve", some have a small curve and some look like they took a chisel to make the notch. after seeing your notch, I'm convinced that a notch case that I have is an authentic notch case.

<* shark >>><

·
Special Member
575 Posts
we need to get and put together the shapes of the notches in a notch case. I've had a few where it looked like the notch was made by a seiko employee who forgot his coffee and your notch is just as bad (I'd still take the watch though...LOL). some are nicely shaped and have a larger "curve", some have a small curve and some look like they took a chisel to make the notch. after seeing your notch, I'm convinced that a notch case that I have is an authentic notch case.

<* shark >>><
I always think the notched cases look like some charlatan has shaved them down from a later (non-notched) case.

I have notched and non-notched Pogues and what annoys me the most is the Uncle Seiko end links; they are fantastic on non-notched cases (better than originals) but on the notched case they are too big and protrude upwards from the machined case edge :(

·
Administrator
34,487 Posts
I think the notch appearance is just down to the machining tolerance's, a couple of thou too much of the face, the crown/hole a couple of thou too big or out of position could make quite a difference to the appearance of the notch (imo).

·
Special Member
3,608 Posts
Two 6139-6000 and one 6030

Rob

Attachments

·
Special Member
437 Posts
I saw this popped up on IG and it was scooped out within 5 min. Not sure what was the price but knowing where it sold for sure it went for pretty penny.

http://instagr.am/p/CNLVmpCLYLx/

Couple things stood out from the description:
  • 1974 with Resist dial, I am not aware of any resist past 72, in fact I have seen no text dial in later 02.
  • French day wheel with Stelux, as far as I know only Roman comes with Stelux, or in early model maybe Chinese.
  • Lume bright and shiny and lack texture
  • Center chrono wheels don’t look right

·
Special Member
945 Posts
I saw this popped up on IG and it was scooped out within 5 min. Not sure what was the price but knowing where it sold for sure it went for pretty penny.

View attachment 469103
http://instagr.am/p/CNLVmpCLYLx/

Couple things stood out from the description:
  • 1974 with Resist dial, I am not aware of any resist past 72, in fact I have seen no text dial in later 02.
  • French day wheel with Stelux, as far as I know only Roman comes with Stelux, or in early model maybe Chinese.
  • Lume bright and shiny and lack texture
  • Center chrono wheels don’t look right
IIRC the asking price on that piece was somewhere around $2k on the DCVW Web site. FWIW, the description also states that the silver Pogue retained the "resist" legend far longer than the other variants.

·
Special Member
2,846 Posts
I am really not that sure about the dial. Lume looks so smooth to me. BTW here is a lume shot of the same watch. Look at the hands, I don‘t think that I would have gone for that piece.

101 - 120 of 160 Posts