The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always (when funds were Available) just went ahead and Bought what I wanted plus I was always fortunate like some to have sufficient funds to never really have to justify outlaying the Money on some of the watches I've wanted.
I am for the record a member who has had Grails I've wanted then bought and still own but there is a grail I've still yet to pull the trigger on.

But in the true tradition of Wayne (Wayne's World) would say:-"Oh Yes She will be Mine"

The Grail I want.

And the Grails I wanted and now have.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
The grail that I have and will never let go,

1 of 50 made and a watch I cherish also as a symbol of a great friendship I have made through this interest.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I used to be into vintage Tissots - particularly the PR516 range. I lusted after this when it came out, but RRP in Aus was too high. I finally found a near new one at a more reasonable price. In the end, I don't love it and it's now on the block

This however, was never on my radar, but I saw it and took a punt on terrible pictures and a dodgy seller and it paid off big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
the ones i've chased after but haven't caught:

1.all original 6105 proof-proof
2. 47mm Gruen Curvex
3. Gruen-Rolex collaboration Prince dual dial
4. pristine 40s Tri Compax/Aero

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The Grail I want.

Neil, that's funny because that is probably mine. I've never justified it as it's not a watch I consider to be very versatile with all dress codes and that's normally one of my key requirements. I still want it, though! :D It may end up as my retirement watch. Heck, who needs to be able to see the date once retired? :grin:

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Many of my wishes came true:

6159-7010

SBDX011

6306-7001 Scubapro

SBBN00C

7C43-700B:

7548-700C Teal Dial:

Some of my wishes have not been fulfilled yet (e.g. 6159-7001, 7548-701A), but there is one watch I would really really love to get my hands on:

Don't know if it's real or fake as I only ever seen it once on YJ.

Seiko SSBS018 Scubapro:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Didn't know I needed 2 of theses 35 Quartz from 1970.
Some days I toy with the thought of getting one of the reissue with 9F inside.
But then there is other watches in line first I rather buy so it has not happened yet.
Funding is a problem when it comes to grail watches.

/B.

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
I'm not comfortable with the term 'grail'. I've got several favourites though....

Here's a Dainii Seikosha produced 62mas that arrived last week. It's with Duncan (TheWatchBloke) at the moment for a checkover and possible relume:

Here's another of my favourites... a 1969 6159-7001 after servicing and an NOS bezel. I love it:

And a 1967 6215-7000 which has been serviced and a new insert fitted, and is currently on test with Duncan. I look forward to it coming home in the next week. They don't get much more rare than this:

·
Administrator
29,751 Posts
I've managed to pick up a few models that where/are"grail's" to me over time such as Business Bell, 6309s, 6105s, digitals, various 7548s, Rolly Sub, Omegas etc etc.

But often for me when I finally do get one of my "Grails" which I like and enjoy it is some what of a let down as basically it is just "another watch" an anticlimax :(

For me much of the pleasure is the desire, the need, the excitement and most of all "The Hunt" :)

I'm pretty boring or easily satisfied because I will pick a watch and wear it for weeks, even months happily, I wore my 6105 (Dirty Harry) for two years solid and these days I tend to wear one of my TST's continuously as it is everything I want in a watch.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Some of my grail watches that I was lucky enough to acquire:
SBCW001 Landmaster

SBCW003 Scubamaster

SBCW005 Flightmaster

My "holy trinity" of AGS watches...

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Today, It would have to be this ;)

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today, It would have to be this ;)

Dahasco that's the one In my post but not with the Gold accents!!
Makes that a "double Grail" for me!! Model of that one mate?

That's Perfection or will be perfection on a wrist!!

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Neil, that's funny because that is probably mine. I've never justified it as it's not a watch I consider to be very versatile with all dress codes and that's normally one of my key requirements. I still want it, though! :D It may end up as my retirement watch. Heck, who needs to be able to see the date once retired? :grin:
I agree totally.its a Beast from the side and did you get a glimpse of Dahascos Gold accent version? I've not seen that before but now want it!!! Badly.
As for dress codes I'm sure I could pull that off in a Suit or just a jockstrap and a million dollar smile :)

·
Registered
25,685 Posts
Dahasco that's the one In my post but not with the Gold accents!!
Makes that a "double Grail" for me!! Model of that one mate?

That's Perfection or will be perfection on a wrist!!
Neilo, It is the SEIKO PROSPEX SPRING DRIVE TUNA CAN SBDB008 LIMITED EDITION :cool:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I agree totally.its a Beast from the side and did you get a glimpse of Dahascos Gold accent version? I've not seen that before but now want it!!! Badly.
As for dress codes I'm sure I could pull that off in a Suit or just a jockstrap and a million dollar smile :)
LOL! Perfection would be a combination of the two for me. Silver accents are my preference but I prefer the matt shroud of the LE version.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL! Perfection would be a combination of the two for me. Silver accents are my preference but I prefer the matt shroud of the LE version.
Yes I noticed that.
Non gloss or Matt would not really matter to me wearing the Jockstrap mate!!:grin: I've just found a price of 2900 euros for the gold limited and only 300 being made? Selling my Soul for xmas!!! And some lightly used underwear:whoo

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Well, grails I have ...

7A38-701A

7A38-7020 JDM Titanium

and 6105-8110

1 - 20 of 30 Posts