The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess that this is an appropriate watch to help introduce my new moniker ...

·
Registered
45 Posts
This classic automatic is my only vintage one so far, but I have quite a few modern Sea-Gulls now.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
poywatch said:
This classic automatic is my only vintage one so far, but I have quite a few modern Sea-Gulls now.

[/quote]

These ST5 models are as good, if not better than many of the modern offerings 8)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I have a child's handwinder from the 70's made in HK. Branded with Spiderman on the dial. The movement is interesting (to me at least) because it has a single jewel and also has a plastic pallet fork. Obviously designed with cost as the primary consideration and was probably made during the transition to inexpensive quartz modules for this level of watch.

Still runs to this day and keeps pretty good time, about as well as can be measured without a second hand. This was my watch as a child and my son grabbed it a while ago, but it has since been replaced with a Timex Indiglo with a camo strap and a helicoptor swooping around the dial.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
After looking at these pics guys im intrigued by them all,question is that seeing as i would like to own at least one Chinese watch in my collection....Which one do i go for.I like the Sea gulls a lot yet some of the ones shown on here look great with names ive never heard of.
Point me in the right direction guys.Nothing too small as i like them big. ;)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
TheNeilo(AqualandKing) said:
After looking at these pics guys im intrigued by them all,question is that seeing as i would like to own at least one Chinese watch in my collection....Which one do i go for.I like the Sea gulls a lot yet some of the ones shown on here look great with names ive never heard of.
Point me in the right direction guys.Nothing too small as i like them big. ;)

My Spiderman watch is WAY too small for you! ;)

I personally think the reissue chronograph with the display back for the SeaGull ST-19 movement is a prime model.

Also I think I saw on AWF that there is a new reissue of a vintage Chinese diver that also looked cool.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts