The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! I inherited a watch from my grandfather. It's a Seiko Hi Beat 36000 Stainless Steel 6146-8000. It doesn't run anymore and I would like to get it fixed, but I don't want to pay too much. Any idea how much it's worth? No sense in spending $200 to fix a $100 watch! :) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for the crude pics...had to use my cell camera.
-Mike in Drexel Hill, PA

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hi Mike,

if you have somebody that fixes this watch for you for $200 go for it.
The watch is much more worth than $100.
I payed for mine recently $650 and believe me, it was not a bad deal.
Often they go for 1K or plus in good condition.

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Axel-

Much appreciated! I'm assuming the watch is from October 1968 from the serial number. My grandfather was a barber and this was his work watch. That $200 I threw out was just for arguments sake...no clue how much it'll be to fix. But knowing these things can go for as much as $1k, I think I'm going to find out! It's in as good as shape a watch from 1968 that was worn for 30 years should be in. :) I figured it would be worth a couple hundred at most. Thanks again for the quick reply!

Sincerely,
Mike

·
Registered
476 Posts
Love these classic designs. Would like to own one eventually for the long haul. Can't permissibly post pics of the one I came in contact with. Will come back and post some pics after the grace period is over. It's an oddball but classy nonetheless.

·
Registered
41 Posts
argyjr said:
Hello! I inherited a watch from my grandfather. It's a Seiko Hi Beat 36000 Stainless Steel 6146-8000. It doesn't run anymore and I would like to get it fixed, but I don't want to pay too much. Any idea how much it's worth? No sense in spending $200 to fix a $100 watch! :) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for the crude pics...had to use my cell camera.
-Mike in Drexel Hill, PA
Hey Mike,

A GS passed down from your Grandad makes it very special. It's worth fixing up this one. The caseback gold medalion is in excellent condition. A service overhaul, some polishing and a pair new croc strap will make this one classy watch. To give you an idea of their value, check out the Japanese ebay sellers site.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
bullosa said:
Hey Mike,

A GS passed down from your Grandad makes it very special. It's worth fixing up this one. The caseback gold medalion is in excellent condition. A service overhaul, some polishing and a pair new croc strap will make this one classy watch. To give you an idea of their value, check out the Japanese ebay sellers site.

Cheers!
Bullosa...thanks! Any idea what an overhaul like that would run? I know nothing about watches and wouldn't even know where to start or what might be a fair price. Thanks again!
-Mike

·
Registered
313 Posts
We're putting a rather large addition on our house, so to give use <some> financial breathing room I sold the GS and will be selling my Panerai 2A...ugghh! It's all for the greater good but dag, it ain't fun!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts