The Watch Site banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thinking it may have looked like this. I snagged this off a 6138 chrono today. It is from the same era as the 6105 and it takes the original fat spring bars. I think it is a great match up and it wears like second layer of skin. What do you think??

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
that is a 6106/6119 sport diver bracelet. Nice one, though I'm not sure of the look on this watch. One thing worth mentioning though. That bracelet is not designed to take fat springbars. It is strictly a standard springbar bracelet. If you're getting fat springbars in it, then the open springbar hole (which is just the metal bent into an open sided tube), has opened somewhat to accommodate the bigger fat bar. Nice watch and nice bracelet, I'm just not sure I would put the two together. To me the bracelet seems a little undersized for the watch. That's just me though.

·
Administrator
33,740 Posts
I really enjoy wearing my 6105 (Harry) on a 22mm Oyster, feels good and looks good IMO. :)

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Interesting but I agree with isthmus in that I don't personally think the two work well together. Isn't it alo 1mm too small for the 6105?

I find the odd thing about the 6105 is it, to me at least, looks great on either tool like straps (rubber, nato etc..) or really dressed up like with a Super Oyster or similar..

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I respect your views. However, it is bad a** and I am rolling with it!!! Serious though, I can't stand vintage watches on modern bracelets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts