The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 6146-800. I have owned this watch longer than any other watch in my collection. My dad purchased it in Japan new in 1969 and gave it to me unused in 1970. All the wabi is mine all mine every nick scratch bump and abrasion. It still runs flawless today and depending on who's machine and the side of bed the tester got up in its within is plus five to minus 3 rating from the maker.
the face was water damaged due to condensation inside the case so its lost all its painted on material. I believe the minute markers were repainted or another dial a non grand seiko dial with good minute markers may have been used but I am guessing re applied. There is a bit of gold missing from the medallion on the back and there are marks and abrasions and well you know wabi all over it. Crystal has been replaced with correct replacement and the signed crown is also a correct replacement or at least looks to be so.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh come on I know there are GS out there that are less than perfect

you know who you are the GS in the sock in the back of your undies drawer. Time to let them breath and be Photographed and proudly displayed here :)))

·
Registered
626 Posts
mine say hello ...

I have 3 vintage Grand Seiko's, a 45GS (the stainless one), 61GS which I think is the same as yours (the goldcap one, in the seller's pictures and as it is now .. I have replaced the crystal since that photo was taken though) and a less common 6146-8020 .. my other Grand Seiko is an SBGC001 springdrive chronograph.

I've also included the seller's pics I bought the 6146 off .. they came up while I was searching for photos for this post :)

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
really beautiful watches. I have another Grand from the same period a 4522-7010 which appears to be from 1970 and a lovely King Seiko Hi beat chronometer numbet 5626-5040. To complete my GS and KS I have a modern springdrive

1 - 7 of 7 Posts