The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Found a beautiful looking bell-matic online, but am curious as to whether I'm looking at a frankenwatch or the real deal - hoping someone here might be able to help me out.

The couple of things that trigger me are the numbered alarm ring, as well as the gold coloured hands - neither of which come up with any regularity when i search ebay for the ref.

I've attached a photo of the watch in question.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
That seller is very dodgy if you ask me. He regularly shows timegraph displays that show watches with significant problems, including that one. I'm sure this is a franken. Check the left side and you will see he has stuffed up polishing the case, beyond repair. The lines dont come close to aligning. He has a web page showing the restoration somewhere and you can see it wasnt like this when he got it. If I had screwed up the case as much as this one, I'd throw it out but he thinks its ok to ask for ludicrous amount of money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Now that you mention it, from the other photos I can see the overpolishing job that's been done to it. I will steer clear and look for better examples!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts