The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I recently won an auction for a 6139-6015 with a blue dial and I'm looking for inspiration for different straps. I've googled a bit but can only find pictures of it with the metall link.

So I figured other owners of a 6139-6015 here on this forum might be willing to share pictures of their strap compilations with the 6139-6015? :)

·
Special Member
8,002 Posts
Not to set a mood or anything, but I for one just can't endorse any strap on a 6139-6015.

Gotta be an H-Link or President in my book.

When you finally get it done please post pix!

·
Special Member
1,943 Posts
Not to set a mood or anything, but I for one just can't endorse any strap on a 6139-6015.

Gotta be an H-Link or President in my book.

When you finally get it done please post pix!

That may be the case, but can you share with us a source of well fitting end links to facilitate please :)

I have a simple 19mm black Hirsch leather strap that I flip between various Seikos that I don't have bracelets for. This is a gold dialled 6139 601x, but it should still look good on your blue model. The strap would be better if it was a little thicker for this watch though.

Via the interweb from a land downunder

·
Special Member
8,002 Posts
Actually I flubbed my reply above big-time. I was thinking -600X (blame the IPA next to me!). I agree, the 601X series can look quite good on leather.

For what it's worth, my two silver color keepers are on 'railroad track' and 'triple track' OEM Bracelets.

My Gold -6015 is about to be restored now that the new gold bezel has arrived. It too is on a Railroad Track bracelet. Look for it soon on a WRUW thread coming to you shortly !!

·
Special Member
5,297 Posts
Actually I flubbed my reply above big-time. I was thinking -600X (blame the IPA next to me!). I agree, the 601X series can look quite good on leather.

For what it's worth, my two silver color keepers are on 'railroad track' and 'triple track' OEM Bracelets.

My Gold -6015 is about to be restored now that the new gold bezel has arrived. It too is on a Railroad Track bracelet. Look for it soon on a WRUW thread coming to you shortly !!
I had a feeling that's what happened.

Hey Jon, good to find another ipa lover here. it's a little early in the day, lol. if you ever get a chance to trade for a sample of Lone Pint 'yellow rose' go for it. It's a local ipa that doesn't sale outside of our region, but has a following nationwide. One can trade yellow rose for anything from another region of the country, even 'Pliny the elder'

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, 19mm seem to be the correct lug width. I've heard however that a 20mm leather would fit quite well.

My watch should arrive next week so I'll be sure to post pics when I get it here.

I'm thinking about a tan or light brown leather strap might work together with the blue dial

·
Special Member
1,943 Posts
yes, 19mm seem to be the correct lug width. I've heard however that a 20mm leather would fit quite well.

My watch should arrive next week so I'll be sure to post pics when I get it here.

I'm thinking about a tan or light brown leather strap might work together with the blue dial

Yes, 20mm will fit but it does scrunch up a little. 19 is obviously harder to find but I think it's worth it if you're buying a strap anyway.

·
Special Member
5,297 Posts
That may be the case, but can you share with us a source of well fitting end links to facilitate please :)

I have a simple 19mm black Hirsch leather strap that I flip between various Seikos that I don't have bracelets for. This is a gold dialled 6139 601x, but it should still look good on your blue model. The strap would be better if it was a little thicker for this watch though.

That's a nice watch and great looking combination, the lug style goes well with leather strap.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just unpacked the box with my 6139-6015 :)

(I need to post this in order to be allowed to post an image :p )

·
Special Member
1,943 Posts
Wow, that's stunning. I think the blue dial is definitely the best of the 601x options.

·
Special Member
8,002 Posts
I had a feeling that's what happened.

Hey Jon, good to find another ipa lover here. it's a little early in the day, lol. if you ever get a chance to trade for a sample of Lone Pint 'yellow rose' go for it. It's a local ipa that doesn't sale outside of our region, but has a following nationwide. One can trade yellow rose for anything from another region of the country, even 'Pliny the elder'
I had the pleasure of downing a black IPA from Iron Hill outside Philly. Fantastic, higher ABV so be careful !

Thanks for the Lone Pint Yellow Rose tip. I am on the hunt.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts