The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this unique and interesting 6309-7040 from Jack at IWW. What a nice guy. I know this watch is not all original To itself but unique none the less. The watch was built by Jack around an original SUWA dial with natural patina lume that has turned a dark tan. H/M hands are from a Seiko SKX173 lumed to match the dial. Case is a donor along with beautiful rotating bezel with matching pip. Now for the interesting part. The movement is a never used NOS 6309 that came out of a Seiko 5 dress watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
That's a Beauty John! I love the Lume!

·
Registered
25,655 Posts
Snap Daddy, That's an interesting combo there. I think I am partial to the graying lume on 6309 divers and save the Tropical/Tan for the early Seikosha Proof Proofs. Just my thing...That case back ^^^ :)

Reactions: Vette Enthusiast

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
It’s a beauty, what a cool mod.

Reactions: Vette Enthusiast

·
Registered
492 Posts
That's really special! The hands look terrific!

I love aged lume

If it was mine the only thing I would change is a swap out to a frosted bevel crystal but just a personal thing as everything else is lovely!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Nice pick up John..love that lume. I too purchased a 6309 from Jack several years ago. I felt quite fortunate, that only residing 50 minutes apart, he allowed me to visit with him in his home. A nice person for sure.
Michael
IMG_0800.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
That is a beauty!!! I saw this one as well. Just beautiful. Jake is terrific and his work is the best. Love the one I bought from Dave that has now turned grey. I love all patina. Enjoy and wear in the best of health!!

·
Special Member
2,680 Posts
Many of my Vintage Divers have been through Jack's hands at IWW. Jack does beautiful work and he is always a complete pleasure to deal with. Superb looking 6309 - I love the aged Tan Lume on a 6309. Amazing the variety of lume colors on 6309 Divers - White, Cream, Tan, Yellow, Orange, Grey - they all look great to my eye :)

·
Special Member
4,663 Posts
Just picked up this unique and interesting 6309-7040 from Jack at IWW. What a nice guy. I know this watch is not all original To itself but unique none the less. The watch was built by Jack around an original SUWA dial with natural patina lume that has turned a dark tan. H/M hands are from a Seiko SKX173 lumed to match the dial. Case is a donor along with beautiful rotating bezel with matching pip. Now for the interesting part. The movement is a never used NOS 6309 that came out of a Seiko 5 dress watch.

Awesome pickup, congratulations! That’s a lovely lume color

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for the error in the date guys. I do so many 70s chrono restorations It is just automatic for me to look at a serial number and say it is 73 vs 83. I know better with 6309s so thanks for the correction.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts