The Watch Site banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Great thread, beautiful watch. It’s on my list too but I was able to get a new 2018 CK2998 from my friend at the AD so I pulled that trigger. I’m looking at 1970s Speedy MkII maybe for 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Great thread, beautiful watch. It’s on my list too but I was able to get a new 2018 CK2998 from my friend at the AD so I pulled that trigger. I’m looking at 1970s Speedy MkII maybe for 2020.

You might want to have a look in the trade forum, there’s a ‘69 for sale

·
Registered
55 Posts
My Seamaster 300 is on a 1171/633 and it’s a very comfortable bracelet. I agree entirely ... it’s surprising that nobody has put out a high-quality reproduction/replacement.
hi I believe there is a company producing them. I seem to recall a fellow over on the military watch forum selling them. they do cost a pretty penny though and while i'm sure they're worth it I am waiting to find a decent second hand original as my speedmaster is an oldie. :grin:

BTW happy new year everyone!

·
Registered
301 Posts
hi I believe there is a company producing them. I seem to recall a fellow over on the military watch forum selling them. they do cost a pretty penny though and while i'm sure they're worth it I am waiting to find a decent second hand original as my speedmaster is an oldie. :grin:

BTW happy new year everyone!
Omega still sell the 1171/633 and I think they're around £450/$600.

The 1450 is the nicest bracelet they fitted to the Speedmaster imo but you'll pay over 2k for a s/h one.

http://www.omega-addict.com/reviews/bracelets/

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks Russ and Thianwong.

The no date isn’t an issue as I can’t read the date on most of my watches without my specs!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Beautiful watch. I’m curious if the tritium dial still lights up at night? Also does anyone know when they switched over to luminova? Rodney

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
The Speedmaster is a wonderful watch. Congratulations. I love a hand winding chronograph.
With regard to good aftermarket bracelets, I understand UncleSeiko is currently developing several options based on vintage Speedmaster bracelets. I've see one of the prototypes on another forum and it looks great.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My Seamaster 300 is on a 1171/633 and it’s a very comfortable bracelet. I agree entirely ... it’s surprising that nobody has put out a high-quality reproduction/replacement.
I forgot to add that Uncle Seiko was posting on another forum and announced he has some cool Speedmaster bracelets coming out soon. i'm going to order up a couple different styles as soon as he has them available.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
21 - 32 of 32 Posts