The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a little extra cash come my way recently and decided to mark the occasion with something I’ve lusted after for a while

A Speedy Pro!

Damn this thing is gorgeous...

·
Registered
24,640 Posts
Congrats, Always on my Hit List :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Simplicity is bliss! One of the most beautiful chronographs money can buy!

And it looks good on straps as well! Leather, Nato,Velcro, ..you name it...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, it’s in great shape, virtually unmarked.

I don’t know what year it is if I’m honest and I haven’t opened it up yet but I’m sure I will soon

Remembering to hand wind is going to be weird but I do really like it though

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guy

Here’s the movement shot, I couldn’t resist!

·
Registered
894 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
894 Posts
According to the online Omega Speedmaster dating websites, the serial number makes it a 2005. A quick check on ebay shows other 2005 watches listed with the same bracelet.

Ok, congratulations on the watch, to answer you need to know the bracelet number, movement caliber, and reference number from the inside, and I didn't know that .. :)

I suggest winding the watch at similar times, for example with morning coffee;), then it will show the time stably.

:chłodny:
post-48316-0-03788900-1440535142_thumb-Edited.jpg

post-48316-0-26939100-1440535282_thumb-Edited.jpg

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Beautiful piece. I picked one of these up new last year. No watch collector should be without one of these in their collection. A true icon and very comfortable to wear on wrist. Enjoy.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Very nice. Mine is mid-1990’s and pretty much looks like yours except for the aged lume. Truly a classic design.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Mmmm, isn't it?

I sold my Evo last year and bought an MX5 with change left over for a few planned upgrades. The MX5 is still mostly standard but I now have a Speedmaster and no regrets.

One thing I don't like is the standard bracelet end links - because they're a male type they increase the effective lug to lug distance and stick out too much for my liking. Mine's on an Erikas MN strap but I'm planning on buying a 1171/633 bracelet once the funds have recovered from xmas. I'm surprised there's no aftermarket bracelets out there considering the number of Speedmasters in circulation. I think Strapcode etc are missing a trick here...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Mine's on an Erikas MN strap but I'm planning on buying a 1171/633 bracelet once the funds have recovered from xmas. I'm surprised there's no aftermarket bracelets out there considering the number of Speedmasters in circulation. I think Strapcode etc are missing a trick here...
My Seamaster 300 is on a 1171/633 and it’s a very comfortable bracelet. I agree entirely ... it’s surprising that nobody has put out a high-quality reproduction/replacement.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts