The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is the new breed of the Promaster family, of the aqualand heritage, fellas.

Models BN2024-05E (SS, DLC bezel), BN2025-02E (SS, DLC bezel, PVD rose gold case), BN2021-03E (SS, SS bezel).

That's an outstanding professional dive watch!

Some will complain from the somewhat cluttered, busy dial, with its smallish aperture, yes.

But the overall structure of the case, coupled by the robustness, quality of the components, attention to details (i.e., well centered chapter ring - hello, Seiko! ;) ) makes this watch another site to behold.

The strap is definitely not liquid rubber such as the one equipping the new Altichron BN4026-09F, but it is not the most uncomfortable too. It is totally flat, from lug to lower edge, and very long. Two rubber keepers with an indentation to maintain the first keeper in place.

Signed crown and buckle, water sensor by the right side of the case, so when you get in the water the watch will just "know" that depth measuring complication will get started.

Despite the cluttered, busy dial, the watch is very easy to read the hours. thanks to the big, broad hands set.

Ultra firm and solid bezel action, juxtaposed and without any sort of backplay. Unilateral 120 clicks to boot, too.

Screw-down crown with around 9 turns until totally snug against the case wall, and also the opposite 2 buttons of the screw-down type. These 2 buttons command the depth measuring complication.

Suffice to say that I love this watch in all its variations, but my favorite one is the rose gold!

Every tuna fan would take a liking of this one, I suspect. The casing structure reminds me a LOT the tunas, especially with the 4 screws top and bottom of the case.

And for those not too keen on the OEM rubber strap, the good people of Suppa Parts have just launched a new set of addapters for this monster here:

http://www.suppaparts.com/bnseriesint.php

Here are a few pics of my BN2025, and comparison shots with the almighty Ecozilla....

Hope you like it guys! :cool:

Attachments

·
2,236 Posts
The 'display' is just too small for my liking, but other than that it looks a serious bit of kit!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys! Thanks for the nice words!

Yep, Barry...you know me! I got them 3, yes. LOL!

When I like a particular model I become obsessed about it, and I can't rest until I complete the whole team! LOL!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Certifiable Chris - no doubt about it.

Hate it when people ask me this one - but that aint gonna stop me asking you - which is your favourite?
Like I said Barry, my fave of the trio is the one we both own: the BN2025-02E (PVD rose gold finishing).

There's something about that esquisite combo of rose gold with black crown/buttons/bezel, man...:cool:

Makes it different from everything else I own...

The only minus is that I highly doubt that Suppa parts will produce lug adaptors for the rose gold version...:(

·
Registered
92 Posts
Chris, my friend. Congrats on the trio. Mine is the all ss version and intend to use her for diving.
You own a stellar collections!! :cool:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Wow, nice!
I like the 03E the best - the yellow/red/white hands look great along with the SS bezel.

Hopefully Citizen will bring back more variations of the Aqualand name!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chris, my friend. Congrats on the trio. Mine is the all ss version and intend to use her for diving.
You own a stellar collections!! :cool:
Phillip, my friend! Long time no seeing ya! :cool:

Thanks for the nice words, as always!

As you know, my collection would never be possible without the likes of you, who let go of amazing watches in outstanding conditions, so they can have a new, warm home where they will be treated like kings!

Just so you know, I still own each watch that I bought from you, brother! :cool:

And speaking of amazing collections, yours is one to aim for, as well. :cool:

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
It is the new breed of the Promaster family, of the aqualand heritage, fellas.

Models BN2024-05E (SS, DLC bezel), BN2025-02E (SS, DLC bezel, PVD rose gold case), BN2021-03E (SS, SS bezel).

That's an outstanding professional dive watch!

Some will complain from the somewhat cluttered, busy dial, with its smallish aperture, yes.

But the overall structure of the case, coupled by the robustness, quality of the components, attention to details (i.e., well centered chapter ring - hello, Seiko! ;) ) makes this watch another site to behold.

The strap is definitely not liquid rubber such as the one equipping the new Altichron BN4026-09F, but it is not the most uncomfortable too. It is totally flat, from lug to lower edge, and very long. Two rubber keepers with an indentation to maintain the first keeper in place.

Signed crown and buckle, water sensor by the right side of the case, so when you get in the water the watch will just "know" that depth measuring complication will get started.

Despite the cluttered, busy dial, the watch is very easy to read the hours. thanks to the big, broad hands set.

Ultra firm and solid bezel action, juxtaposed and without any sort of backplay. Unilateral 120 clicks to boot, too.

Screw-down crown with around 9 turns until totally snug against the case wall, and also the opposite 2 buttons of the screw-down type. These 2 buttons command the depth measuring complication.

Suffice to say that I love this watch in all its variations, but my favorite one is the rose gold!

Every tuna fan would take a liking of this one, I suspect. The casing structure reminds me a LOT the tunas, especially with the 4 screws top and bottom of the case.

And for those not too keen on the OEM rubber strap, the good people of Suppa Parts have just launched a new set of addapters for this monster here:

http://www.suppaparts.com/bnseriesint.php

Here are a few pics of my BN2025, and comparison shots with the almighty Ecozilla....

Hope you like it guys! :cool:
Very Nice that one Sir. Great addition to the collection Sir
Aloha LongBike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts