The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Even though i'm on leave from work today i had to finish my chores before i could put this together, so after i'd finishing building an ikea wardrobe for my daughter i got to play with this one...

The dial and hands landed this morning from Jake B at Dagaz, Tiger John brought the awesome AR sapphire crystal with him when i met him yesterday at the Birmingham watch fair...

Can't remember where the PO insert came from, think it might have been Harold...

I think it looks great but then i'm biased... nuff words, here's the pics....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Outstanding mod! The watch looks impeccable!

I just bought the same dial from a member and will also put it on a 6309-7040 but with different hands.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great! What kind of bracelet is it please?

Not certain, it came with the watch when I bought it off the bay. Basically it's a high quality oyster but I don't know where from.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Love it! apart from the hour hand :undecided: I'd have gone for a fine/small hour hand as when diving it's the minute hand that matters. Still that's just my personal view and all in all it's spot on! Crystal looks superb. Is it a blue tint one from Mr Tiger dude?

Edit: Should have read more but in my defense I have one hell of a headache today! Now see Mr Puddycat supplied the crystal :cool:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VERY nice! Congrats. It reminds me a lot of this mod I did.......

I like that one too, it would look even better with one of tigers crystals, the blue AR would rock that one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
731 Posts
I like it andy.....

the only thing i would change is the chapter ring. I would paint it black or change it out for a silver one. I personally think the double minute marks on the chapter and dial is too much.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
The nice thing about mine is it has a 6105-8110 bezel.
Personally in my eyes it is a piece of art! I have a soft spot for blue dials too. Only thing I am not sure about is the hour hand but it's growing on me every time I look at your superb watch.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
the only thing i would change is the chapter ring. I would paint it black or change it out for a silver one. I personally think the double minute marks on the chapter and dial is too much.
I disagree, I think the double minute markers add depth. I don't think this shows as well in pictures as in person though. I have a 6309 with a dial from a dress watch with double minute markers, and it looks much better on my wrist than in photos. A polished silver ring would look good, but I think painting the current one black would take away a lot from the overall aesthetic of the watch.

As always, differing opinions keep this forum interesting ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts