The Watch Site banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6139-7070, 4006-6011, 4205-015V, 5M62-OD50
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another little watch for me. Seems that ladies watches don't command the same prices as men's watches, even though the engineering is much smaller.

Any love for ladies watches here?

'Just needs a battery' the seller said. Arrived ticking, for the price of a Pizza!

2706-3070, 21 Jewel Hi Beat, Nov 1973. Needs a clean, and a little polish to the crystal.....

Watch Analog watch Blue Finger Rectangle

·
Registered
30,517 Posts
Nice Grab ^^^ Ladies watches are SOOO under appreciated in the WIS Realm...Sad but true. Very few folks appreciate the Horological significance of Ladies time pieces. There are a lot of folks that collect what they would wear themselves, No issue on that front, I am guilty. Horologicaly Womens time pieces are great IMHO They are tiny and sophisticated. Imagine if Seiko made a Womens 6139-6000 or any 6139 Ladies Time pieces...Then there would be an audience in the WIS world...At least I would think so...

·
First Lady
2,999 Posts
I don’t hate women’s watches, but, at my age, I can’t read the damn things. I remember when I was a young girl that my grandmother wore a large gold colored men’s watch on a twistoflex band, and I thought it odd. How funny! I totally get it, now. But that is not the main reason that I prefer men’s watches. I just think they are cooler, and make more of a statement with their size. I do realize some of my choices are prettier than what you guys have, probably because my taste is a bit more feminine than yours. If I bough5 something like that watch, it would be purely as a collector piece.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
I also have a few 2706 on the way to restored! One for my gf and one for my niece. I found nos crystals for both which is exciting, one on cousins and one on YA. Thyre so small; the movement is essentially the size of my thumbnail - really impressive that seiko managed a day/date on such a small watch.

Watch Analog watch Photograph Clock Finger

·
Special Member
4,884 Posts
I also have a few 2706 on the way to restored! One for my gf and one for my niece. I found nos crystals for both which is exciting, one on cousins and one on YA. Thyre so small; the movement is essentially the size of my thumbnail - really impressive that seiko managed a day/date on such a small watch.

View attachment 496563
for sure! here is a Citizen auto day/date I had found for the wife here in Japan...amazing features for its size!
citizen group by toypoodleKimi, on Flickr

·
Registered
32 Posts
The lady watches are a marvel to behold.
How they managed to fit manual movement with auto and hand winding plus day date complication in such a small form bemuses me.
I sporadically collect them (11-, 2Axx, 24xx, 25xx, 42xx and 66 based watches) but this is out of curiosity or the deal is too good to pass (majority of the time they are). There are some that look like mini Grand Seikos (2426-0020) or MM300 (2A22-0030).

However, I just keep them as they are without bothering to service them. The one time I attempted to service a 4205 diver, I suffered the wrath of miniaturisation and ended up replacing the movement. The movement didn't function well and my eyes hurt after the second disassembly. Maybe I should stump up the cash for a microscope.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So i found a 1970, catalogue, and the previous version was 85 usd. I checked relative values, and google tells me that in todays money, that is about 600 usd. Pricey watch then...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Should there be a dedicated Ladies Watch section?

·
Craftsman
2,320 Posts
I love vintage ladies watches. Many from the 40s, 50s and 60s were delicate and small. Just blows my mind watch manufacturers were willing to make movements both manual wind and automatic that were not much larger than a dime. Very challenging to work on and service to get them running well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Another little Hi Beat. 1120-0100 faceted crystal, manual wind, c/w original safety chain, possibly white gold plated. Dani factory.....A steal at £0.99......

Watch Analog watch Finger Clock Watch accessory

Reactions: DAHASCO
1 - 17 of 17 Posts