The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had an hour or two to register, get banned(Les, was I the first? ;D ), then get reinstated and get a general feel for the place.

I like all the new features and sub forums; this place has nearly everything that N54 couldn't support.

My initial poking around was a little awkward as is to be expected but now it's almost like second nature which isn't always the case when you get older than Jack Benny ;)

I foresee some folks dropping away but I see many new folks joining us as well.

Well, off to explore some more ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I second that, the new forum interface is a big improvement over the cumbersome (in my view) way N54 software handled things.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
+1 The new site is absolutely fantastic. Kudos to all involved in making this possible. This is one of those rare instances where the forum site/software upgrade was carefully planned and executed to perfection. Finally, SCWF is getting the place in the 'net that has deserved for far too long.

Love the fact that also Youtube video content can now finally be embedded in forum posts!

·
Registered
1 Posts
+1 The new forum looks great and obviously a lot of work has gone into it, so many thanks to all those involved :)
Stala

S

·
0 Posts
Agreed, this must have been a lot of work for the mods to put together and migrate everything over. Well worth it, IMHO. Thanks so much!!

I look forward to posting more on this new interface. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pete, I agree with you all. It is quite nice with a lot of thoughtful work. Once you learn it there is no problem even for us older guys that don't like to learn new tricks. I have had very little problems here other than registering which was a little dicey. :p Thank you to all the owners, moderators, and techys that helped with this project. poy 8)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was always a lurker in the old forum but could never get used to the format. Registered right away in the new one. The site looks great.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
joseph80 said:
I was always a lurker in the old forum but could never get used to the format. Registered right away in the new one. The site looks great.
With many folks, the first forum they joined or became accustomed to is the standard by which all others get judged.

I think this new venue is going to gather many more new members than it loses 8)

Welcome out of 'lurker mode' ;D

·
Registered
822 Posts
Pin said:
I've only had an hour or two to register, get banned(Les, was I the first? ;D ), then get reinstated and get a general feel for the place.
Get banned? How the hell did you manage that? :eek:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree - this forum shows the results of a lot of hard work prior to opening. Thanks to all who made this happen! And thanks to JohnN for the help getting my account straigtened out. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts