The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got a SUN 019 from one of our brethren out here, largely because the SUN021 I really want comes on a rubber strap, and the SUN019 comes on a bracelet. I figured if I didn't bond with the white/black 019, I could remove the bracelet, and when I get a 021, put it on a bracelet that I know fits.

Well, the SUN019 screwed up that plan for me.

1st, the bracelet is very nice. Solid end links, and nice feel. I'm still not in love with the split-ring link securing, but at least I now know to be careful when opening up a modern Seiko bracelet.

2nd, the lume on this watch is gorgeous. It is not white, it has a warmth to it that actually looks a little like a well aged lume. I'm not sure if Seiko is intentionally shading the lume to approximate the color we all love so much in vintage watches or not, but I have to say it helps in my book.

3rd, the size. Yup, this is a big watch. Larger than my SBBN017 Tuna, but right at the limits of what this chicken-wristed WIS considers wearable.

4th, dial depth. This is very nice, kind of like the Caesar and other recent models from Seiko, it really seems to add to the look that there's a vertical element within the dial itself.

Pics (sorry to the OCD WIS's for not having the bezel 'correct'):

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats on your new diver! (and yes I really want to adjust that bezel)

I like shrouded divers too and the shroud of this model has a gentle slope to it just like that of the Seiko Sawtooth.

It may be too tall for my wrist though which is why I have hesitated to buy it.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is Seiko's Lumibrite the same as Superluminova?
I read somewhere that they're the same basic material at inception/invention, but that Seiko spun off a company to make Super Luminova, and then used the same basic formula but then tweaked it to make Lumibrite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts