The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm on the correct forum for this topic.
Much has been written about this but as far as I can see very few photographs .
Consensus of opinion seems to be that ,say, on an ska369 for example it is possible to remove the capacitor and replace it with a battery ,having of course removed the rotor to prevent charging . But what about the two terminals of brass-like colour extending like a letter "Y " from the capacitor ? How do they figure with regard to the battery used as replacement .Does this attachment detach as it were from the capacitor to be re-attached somehow to the new battery ?
I'm pretty sure I can manage the mechanics of this conversion on a 369 but for the above question .
Maybe some of you have carried this conversion successfully and can provide the answer please .
Thanks in advance
Julian

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
But what about the two terminals of brass-like colour extending like a letter "Y " from the capacitor ? How do they figure with regard to the battery used as replacement .Does this attachment detach as it were from the capacitor to be re-attached somehow to the new battery ?
That's about right, break the 2 spotwelds that hold the plate onto the old battery and then solder the plate to the new battery.

I don't understand why you would want to put a standard battery into a kinetic, unless the charging system has failed.
Much better to fit a Li-on upgrade into it, a fully charged Li-on will last for months off the wrist.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That's about right, break the 2 spotwelds that hold the plate onto the old battery and then solder the plate to the new battery.

I don't understand why you would want to put a standard battery into a kinetic, unless the charging system has failed.
Much better to fit a Li-on upgrade into it, a fully charged Li-on will last for months off the wrist.
I wondered why too...

Sent from my Honor 5c

·
Registered
3 Posts
afaik the kinetic capacitor is replaced by a lithium ion rechargeable battery...?

Not a throwaway unrechargeable silver or lithium primary cell, was told the voltages were incompatible not just inability to recharge

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A lithium ion rechargeable battery ? Maybe a better option .
I just wanted to get a good charge without having to march around all day with the watch on my wrist .
Any recommendations on where I can get one of these lithium ion batteries please ?

Many thanks to all who replied .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts