The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the late 50s, Seiko did a few belt buckle watches, presumably directed towards the sports/lifestyle market. There is also one with a golf motive on the buckle and a fancy one with a silver buckle. The watch is a 17j Unique. These watches are not particularly rare but valued by collectors and fetch decent prices. This one has a bit of wear and staining on the buckle but the watch looks to be in good shape. It originally came with a belt and packed in a special Seiko travel box. Pics from seller.

/ martin

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Clever idea.

I just don't ever want to have to see any gut shots instead of wrist shots. The wrist shots are bad enough!

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,745 Posts
That's a kewl watch, but totally useless for me. I have a bad case of Dunlap disease. (My belly Dunlapped over my belt.) :))

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
martback said:
In the late 50s, Seiko did a few belt buckle watches, presumably directed towards the sports/lifestyle market. There is also one with a golf motive on the buckle and a fancy one with a silver buckle. The watch is a 17j Unique. These watches are not particularly rare but valued by collectors and fetch decent prices. This one has a bit of wear and staining on the buckle but the watch looks to be in good shape. It originally came with a belt and packed in a special Seiko travel box. Pics from seller.

[img] [img]

/ martin
[/quote]

I believe Jack Wong has/had one of these interesting watches too :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
What a great find! I have never heard of it or seen it before, but it would be a good motivation to cut down beer consumption :)

Thanks for showing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts